How much???!!!

eggsarascal

I've been out beating on the Audley End Estate in Essex today. I got chatting to their forester/firewood chap. I asked him what they charged for a load, he told me that their trailer held 1.9m3 of hardwood and they delivered locally for £100, sad i know, but i got my moisture meter out of the truck and the logs were between 18% and 23%.... how do we compete with that????

HI egg mate stick it out mate theres some :lol::lol: firewood chaps about mate all the best jon

Ben, this shoot was over Saffron Waldon way. Isn't a tranny more than 1.1 of a cube ?

The log sales are slow if you want the truth.

How about you ?

Oh right, mix up then.

What i ment was im delivering loads into melford, and that is where the chap doing tranny loads for £100 lives. So consumers arent always led by price!

TIcking over, no where near as busy as end of sept, mid oct tbh :(

Ben, this shoot was over Saffron Waldon way. Isn't a tranny more than 1.1 of a cube ?

The log sales are slow if you want the truth.

How about you ?

The average tranny (without double cab) is 2.7 m2. Leyland 400 is the same and Cabstar smaller.

We can't compete end of, we have got to supply a better product to ask a higher price and don't fall into the same traps as the others.

Does every one shop at Aldi and the Pound shop?????

No!!

There is room in most markets for many differently priced goods, people perceive value in very different ways, just try and find one thats appeals to enough customers and your on a winner.

Does every one shop at Aldi and the Pound shop?????

No!!

There is room in most markets for many differently priced goods, people perceive value in very different ways, just try and find one thats appeals to enough customers and your on a winner.

Exactly! I have plenty of customers and the orders will come. I don't really advertise and my price is now middle of the road for North Norfolk. I regularly attract new clients because they have had wet wood or something mixed in they weren't paying for! Its all quite simple really the customer isn't dumb.

Exactly! I have plenty of customers and the orders will come. I don't really advertise and my price is now middle of the road for North Norfolk. I regularly attract new clients because they have had wet wood or something mixed in they weren't paying for! Its all quite simple really the customer isn't dumb.

couldnt of put it better myself :)

I've been out beating on the Audley End Estate in Essex today. I got chatting to their forester/firewood chap. I asked him what they charged for a load, he told me that their trailer held 1.9m3 of hardwood and they delivered locally for £100, sad i know, but i got my moisture meter out of the truck and the logs were between 18% and 23%.... how do we compete with that????

A few of the estates round us are similar - They think they are making money because they often view the wood as being free because the work has usually been paid for by the shoot department.

I used to be able to buy a heaped hilux load of split hardwood off the estate for £25 and it would be dry enough to go straight out. I'd head up to the farm, chuck enough off to make it level and then go and deliver having doubled my money (the going rate for a load that size was only £50 at the time before anyone starts :001_smile:)

It was quite amusing that once the Estate factor got his hands on the woods department, the £25 load quickly went to just short of £50 and then to nearly £70 the year after :lol:

Egg,you've got a price and you've checked out the goods and thay are good so I recon invest in buying all they have available for this season and take them out the market.:001_tongue:

Unless they have 1000 cube available then I would swiftly retreat my friend!:blushing:

I have tried this around our area almost had a deal in the summer they were supplying public at £50 inc vat and free delivery so I thought £45 + at 20% would be fair as we were buying 70 metres . But for some reason he said it was money in the bank and wanted £78 a cube. :confused1: On another occasion we had our tipper loaded and we had to top up at yard with our stock then when tipped found it was full of trash. Since then if we dont have it we cant do it when its gone its gone.