Stihl ms201

coleman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to hear the feedback on the ms201. I used one for a few days a couple of months ago and found it was bogging a bit when trying to pick up to full revs but maybe it was due for a tune up. I need to buy a new saw in the new year and was not sure whether to go the ms201 or stick with the 200t. Any other feedback would be appreciated.

The fact that the Husky release has been put back again and again does not fill me with confidence.

I hope I'm wrong. Stihl could do with a kick up the backside.

This EU emissions thing is utterly pathetic. Who gave those monkeys the right to dictate to us that the main tool of our trade has to be tampered with to it's detriment?

My backside produces far more emissions on an average day.

new husqvarna t540 XP on its way! prepare to be amased!:gasthrower:

Believe it when I see it..........I think its just a tease from husky and that they have zero intention of ever releasing it.

It will be pointless anyway as everyone will be soo fed up of having the mick taken by husky over this saw :thumbdown:that they will have bought ms200s.:001_rolleyes:

Mmm interesting... i also have had this saw for a few months now and at the start i thought yeah it pretty good. they recently i left mine in the truck and had to borrow someones MS200 and man if i could go back i would straight away!

just hasn't got the power, like a few guys are saying it just bogs down. takes abit to kick into high rev's. chainbreak keeps sticking and i have to clean it regularly.

on the plus on fuel its amazing!Mmmmmmm not looking good ay. why you reckon change to winter tho?

Cheers MOG

Might be of interest to a few. I had a 201t sent it back got a new one. Was fine for a while then went the same way... Thought it was just an utterly crap saw and I was gonna have to live with it. However after retuning it and properly running it in again it is actually working really well. Don't like the chain it comes with, so ive just chucked it in the shed and put on a semichisle... I really think people should try retuning the saw a few times and they might find it's actually ok.

Might be of interest to a few. I had a 201t sent it back got a new one. Was fine for a while then went the same way... Thought it was just an utterly crap saw and I was gonna have to live with it. However after retuning it and properly running it in again it is actually working really well. Don't like the chain it comes with, so ive just chucked it in the shed and put on a semichisle... I really think people should try retuning the saw a few times and they might find it's actually ok.

lol ok so we buy a saw return it a few times and then it should be ok??? make sense to anyone else..... never had that problem with the MS200. i try and chuck a new chain on it tho, see if any difference.

Cheers MOG