Rope Wrench feedback

Ian, your base tie of looks good but gear intensive. My only concerns would be if your casualty is out in the crown and possibly inverted when you lower him you will not be able to right or even reach the casualty as you would have to tend the hitch and belay device.

Ian, your base tie of looks good but gear intensive. My only concerns would be if your casualty is out in the crown and possibly inverted when you lower him you will not be able to right or even reach the casualty as you would have to tend the hitch and belay device.

After a bit of discussion with higher powers as a rope work base anchor system there must be a back up. Its good and if you have more bods on the ground then this problem is passed but if you have a 2 man site then you could have some issues. But then again if there out cold or seriously injured im thinking being lowered onto the floor rather than being held by someone is the least of their worries.

Ian, if your gonna go for the base tie that the grounds is capable of lowering the I juried climbed. All good from safety point of view. I presume as you are that safety conscious you will be cuttin with a lanyard attached locally to the tree?

How will the groundie get you down if you are side stropped to

the tree when you are unconscious and need rescuing?

Ian, if your gonna go for the base tie that the grounds is capable of lowering the I juried climbed. All good from safety point of view. I presume as you are that safety conscious you will be cuttin with a lanyard attached locally to the tree?

How will the groundie get you down if you are side stropped to

the tree when you are unconscious and need rescuing?

Then i guess we enter the area of aerial rescue. I've been looking at stuff from a best practice point of view (i cant go into it too much at the moment for reasons)(no not a fall or anything).

I guess these things need looking into. The ability for a grounds to be able to lower the climber is good for srt access. A whole different aPproach is needed now work positioning is being incorporated into srt climbing.

Yeah, its just trying to see how many situations one rescue system will cover. Although in 12 years of climbing i've only had to do 2 rescues of which one was severing the rope below their prussik on an ivy clad pine and one was a trainee getting the wobbly legs. Although i think climbing SRT rescue would be very simple just bomb the throw bag near them and zoom, zoom, zoom.

I guess these things need looking into. The ability for a grounds to be able to lower the climber is good for srt access. A whole different aPproach is needed now work positioning is being incorporated into srt climbing.

good point rich, its also got me thinking, what if something happens when accesing by body thrusting or footlocking. people seem to harp on about how important it is to climb on a lowerable system when using srt but what about the techniques that are approved and used for our industry that arnt lowerable from the ground

is it just a case of people over complicating things again, or will we end up all having to climb srt with no lanyard and 2 lines that can both be lowered from the ground

Although i think climbing SRT rescue would be very simple just bomb the throw bag near them and zoom, zoom, zoom.

not so simple if there doing tip reductions, you then need to select a anchor point that is not only load bearing but able to support 2 bodies

not so simple if there doing tip reductions, you then need to select a anchor point that is not only load bearing but able to support 2 bodies

Very good point, maybe leaving an access line from the ground in a central point of the tree to give approximatly the same time access to any point. But this is the same with a DRT tip rescue.