Rope Wrench feedback

No im looking at the new one IMO it needs to really change to warrant people buying the second one, i would rather see completley flush sides with no bolt heads prodruding, e.g. if they were sunk into the body to make it super streamlined, also a hole built in to the body of the wrench to clip the Lots or any other chest advancment system in would make it more of a complete pacakge rather than having to make your own.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Im still not sure what your saying, maybe because im tired today and missing the point, the new on has its bolts if against the plate with a domed profile so there is no risk of snagging. Obviously the attachment pin has to be big and strong enough for someone to open and close and keep an eye on with ease.

No if they made a hole for you to clip into this makes it need to reach the requirements of PPE rated equipment like a petzl Croll, or hand ascender. But i would like to add if anyone really cares to know that these objects meet requirements for rock access and working at height access but do not comply with tree work requirements. I only found this out as Stein have/are making sure thier own foot, chest and hand ascenders comply to this.

Any way so getting back on track. Its unlikely because it would fall out of the fig 8 category and into the spiderjack category etc.

Personally, after spending time on it, you rarely need to create/ use chest attachments but for what throwing a lanyard over your shoulder costs or buying an inner tube the costs are pretty low.

I think Ewan means having the bolts countersunk with flush heads. To do that I'd imagine would need much thicker and therefore more bulky side plates.

Personally I never use LOTS with the wrench, just my left hand underneath to advance it, Some people find this awkward I know but the main thing is to position your hand to gain the most leverage, i.e. right at the back of the wrench on the tether.

I think it would look great being machined out of a solid block of ally, i just dont see why they wouldnt completely re-vamp it and make the best one they could, rather than still having some some features which nore than likely could be phased out to improve it further, if its not radically different why would people on the Zk-1want to change?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2