Rope Wrench feedback

In the picture, what would you do in that position on srt.

If i was to not be on the limb and clipped into my pantin i is a reall pain as im always smashing into the limb try to footlock up as such.

But if you keep you feet on the limb you cant really body thrust up and if you are to climb up the rope you have to heave all your weight up til your upright and then you can sort out the rope wrench and vt, which to me doesnt seem safe.

Been out on rw twice now and the learning curve is happening :thumbup:

Arran

llllllllllllll.jpg.b33429f44aa9ab727144c885d8d3acb9.jpg

In the picture, what would you do in that position on srt.

If i was to not be on the limb and clipped into my pantin i is a reall pain as im always smashing into the limb try to footlock up as such.

But if you keep you feet on the limb you cant really body thrust up and if you are to climb up the rope you have to heave all your weight up til your upright and then you can sort out the rope wrench and vt, which to me doesnt seem safe.

Been out on rw twice now and the learning curve is happening :thumbup:

Arran

One foot angainst the limb and move the other with the pantin up until you clear the object? Or thurn your back on the object and continue upwards. :001_tongue:

One foot angainst the limb and move the other with the pantin up until you clear the object? Or thurn your back on the object and continue upwards. :001_tongue:

The one foot on and one in the pantin is sort of what ive been doing but needs a real knack, ima keep at it :001_smile: Thank you Ian

Arran

Tryed punting out on a limb and it works really well, i seem to have long legs so when i put a stride in i go from horizontal to upright which seems really awesome. And sometimes i can get the flick of my ankle to unclip the pantin :001_tt2:

Turning my back on limbs work really well aswell when wanting to go straight up past the limb, finding myself doing it naturally when progressing up :001_smile:

Arran :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Photo 1: I'm attached to the right hand side and my weight chokes the Maillon up. The left side hangs loose down to the ground and can be moved out of the way easily if it gets in the way. When I've finished in the tree I descend down the same route then pull on the left side to retrieve the entire rope. Descending via a different route can be done but means there's more friction upon retrieval.

Photo 2: The whole set up. Poison Hivee rope with 8mm OP hitch cord tied as a Distal.

I clip to the DMM thimble with a Lyon sling and snap gate karab as a chest harness.

The tether I've ended up with is 6mm to try and make the RW less floppy and it's girth hitched into the middle hole of the HC pulley.

4e90e292-ea0d-4faf.jpg

4e90e292-ea1c-f7bf.jpg