reversing a chipper

egs

has anybody actually got a reversing camera fitted?

Keep thinking about it as i have the same issues ( i have to try and visulise how far round it has come, sometimes get it right other time not).

I always get someone to watch me back aswell, if i hit something then they r getting the blame/bill!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has anybody actually got a reversing camera fitted?

Keep thinking about it as i have the same issues ( i have to try and visulise how far round it has come, sometimes get it right other time not).

I always get someone to watch me back aswell, if i hit something then they r getting the blame/bill!!!

I've got two cameras, on the back of a Transit panel van

One at the top of the rear doors showing a wide overall view

Another by the numberplate pointing down at the towball for hitching up the trailer

Also got another camera on the back of one of my trailers

Screen in the cab is now on it's last legs, think I need to get a new one!

Cheapest/effectivest solution I use is to get afore-mentioned 2 inch waste pipe, cut 2 x 18 inch lengths, then cut a 6 inch slit in each pipe.

Before reversing slide pipes over outer end of rear bumper thing (where lights/ no plate are on the chipper). When you can see the end of each pipe you know it's dead straight and you can always see at least one pipe-end! (hopefully).

If you do hit something the pipe twists off and no damage.

Just an alternative to cable ties and nothing left on the chipper until you need it.