Stop Go Boards

grantdude

You are quite right of course Paul; it is difficult to argue against the fact that safety must be paramount, times change, traffic volume increases... The thing is though, I can't shake the conviction that safety is only half of it... The other half is all about money and power. Making it harder for small business to survive and easier for big business to establish a monopoly. The costs of all these rules and regs is crushing. Take away the need for people to think for themselves, to be self sufficient and responsible and you end up with a world populated with mindless zombies.

Apologies to OP for the derail...

John.

You're both right

But- Having done the course I now have much more confidence to set up roadworks and this means we use them more rather than just cut and hope with someone in the road holding up their hand to stop traffic. All in all well worth splashing out on.

Have to agree with 'Likeit'. Since having done the course I too appreciate the legal requirements and greater depth of understanding it gives you. It's nice to know you're on the button as opposed to 'reckon thats probably good enough'.....It's also another string to your bow when dealing with corporate clients.

• 1 year later...
I need a ball park figure on the hire of stop go boards and all the gubbins for about 4hrs. anybody got any ideas?:confused1::001_smile:

If you ever get this again dont panic Holsworthy Hire Services have loads of gear for traffic management and Lindsay has Traffic Tickets and is fully Insured. Hes also got 2 van mounted cherry pickers and Northam is near to Holsworthy!!!!.:001_smile:

i did my course with HCC as parish lengthman had to have it to work by road.

but i glad i did the basic as it makes so much sense plus if you do it right and plonker in car comes into cordend off area you are covered and your insurance company will be happy that you have the papers and followed it by the book. so they do not have to pay out on a claim because the legal begal no win no fee will jump on it if they can find a chink in your armour to get a pay out for there muppet

Never underestimate the danger your in when working under traffic control! I've been on the back of our traffic truck chucking out cones as you drive along, in the safety briefing we get told that a single horn beep from the driver means take cover and a continuous horn means brace we're about to be hit. I laughed the first time thinking yeh yeh like it's that bad ... it really is! It's amazing how many idiots we face on the roads, we get people driving into the site entrances, wiping out sections of cones and on one occasion I've seen a stop go board holder jump through the air to escape a car not paying attention. :001_rolleyes: