Newbie help

Arran Turner

careful Tom, you can't call someones work appalling just because they don't use a silky, although i prefer to use a silky it is very much possible to do a good job with a top handle saw.

Each to their own i say:thumbup:

I agree,

I know a guy who hardly ever uses a silky apart from fruit trees and really small trees.

His work is exceptional. Simply put.

I'm fighting the urge to rant of about why i reach for silky first. :001_tongue:

silky's are dangerous , silent and deadly i call 'em, you can't hear them reving to cut when your grounding on fast jobs

Eyes up dude! ALWAYS look:thumbup1: Not taking that micro second to look up to get home quicker, and maybe not go home.....

Play safe bro:thumbup:

my new friend, loves to call 'Below' in his turkish bellow:lol:

always works - run for the hills......

Ahh see I work a few below folk but grates me hearing it every minute.

I like a "quiet site" so when instructions or theres an emergency whats said is heard and understood. I'm not saying don't say a word i'm not an anti social hitler! Its just how ive been "brought up" so to speak.

A fan when it needs to be called but not as its falling:001_tongue:, ive seen people duck an move only to step into the falling limb!

Back to kit storage for a minute:

What ever you choose to store your kit in, get anal about how you pack it away:confused1:, the same way you do stripping a saw or gun, get a routine... It makes keeping track of your kit so much easier as you know where it is and can tell whats missing with out the, "where did i put that" especially ppe.:thumbup1:

Just coppy the guy's kit who's the best you've ever seen, i would myself but they don't sell 3 strand , a rusty carrabina and telecom straps anymore.

whatever you decide give my mate steve a ring at chainsdirect.co.uk , he's got anything you could possibly need (apart from chainsaws) even a huge range of silent and deadly's.