Weekend jobs to boost the bank account up a bit?

YoGi_93

Im looking into stuff to do at the weekend so I can earn a bit more money. I want to stay in the same sort of industry but diversify a little bit. So far ive had a couple of ideas including selling firewood, doing a bit of fencing, or offering saturdays/sundays to a friend who does hard landscaping. I also thought of some sort of idea involving offering my services to remove bushes or shrubs or clumps of brush and stuff like that, but im not so sure about that one.

Do any of you lads have any suggestions? or comments on what ive thought of already? All help is appreciated :biggrin:

Edited by YoGi_93

i started doing firewood on a saturday for bit of extra income, went well and now do it 2/3 days a week and employ a chap to help. i'd say net a load of logs up, sell them anywhere you can, outside your house, farmers market, local christmas fairs etc

I have thought out how id do it. My boss sells the timber off cuts to us if we want them for £20 a ton. Which I presume is pretty good, although there is no guarantee to the quality/age/condition of the timber. Then I have access to a field and a truck and a place to advertise. So I am pretty sure I have thought it through a fair bit. The only thing is im not sure if the effort put in will reflect well enough compared to the money I can raise from it, and im not really sure how to sell them, for how much and what wood makes good fire wood. And all of the weathering and stuff like that. :confused1:

ive been trying boast my income with weekends also, have bought a log splitter, i no a few people who own DIY shops so i plan to sell nets of logs in there shops, also outside my house, i get the wood for free obviously from my tree surgery. then i have some perfect weekend work in a school deadwooding couple big oaks, i go up play about take odd big deadwood out got my missus on the floor earning her pocket money throwing the bits in my truck win win and i get a excuse to boss the missus around for a change :thumbup:

59765eef91906_harpleyoak.jpg.bd31a4d74385329a0c5a495cb0341237.jpg

That will only last for so long James, when my wife helps out it ends up costing more at the hairdressers and shops.

Yogi if the wood costs £20 a tonne you should make good money on that as logs.

It is labour intensive as it will all need to be sawn / split and the dry out so you will need space to store it as well.

Good luck with logs if you do try it.

That will only last for so long James, when my wife helps out it ends up costing more at the hairdressers and shops.

Yogi if the wood costs £20 a tonne you should make good money on that as logs.

It is labour intensive as it will all need to be sawn / split and the dry out so you will need space to store it as well.

Good luck with logs if you do try it.

£20 a ton ,:laugh1: got any for sale