Mitsubishi L200

dave28

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its alot worse than the Defenders. I was definetely shocked when i test drove the defender though for being such a short coupled vehicle.

Sorry for going off thread but i bought my first edition of Land Rover Monthly and get the feeling I'm entering a different world. :thumbup1:

A really scary one filled by bearded odballs and rivet counters....scares the hell outta me:laugh1::lol:

Since when has a landrover been reliable and economical?

the newshape l200 are both and the oldshapes are more economical than landrovers and alot more comfortable to drive

IMO theres nothing that good about a landrover untill its had alot of money spent on it modding it

I've had two L200 and id have plenty more they are great trucks like everything service it well and look after it theres nothing wrong with the body work its not as bad as landrovers atleast you cant see rivets landrovers are unrefined and the new ones are even worse a mate of mine had a l200 and bought a landrover hes kept the l200 and hardly uses the landrover because he doesnt like it and another one bought one brand new and it broke down the first day he had it

A really scary one filled by bearded odballs and rivet counters....scares the hell outta me:laugh1::lol:

lol!!

A 90 with all the whistles and bells on it has been parked outside my house for the last week by the guy doing the neighbours decking . I couldn't resist any longer and went round the workers asking whos it was . Out pops an extra from Deliverance and an hour later my head was filled with a minefield of information!! Top guy though. :thumbup1:

? worse than my defender? That's doing about 26 to the gallon, and as we all know turning circle ain't too good either.

Yep, fuel mate lite app on my phone reports 19.8mpg average over the last 1900 odd miles. Mixture of towing 5m3 chip :blushing:, motorwaying at 60mph and everything in between.

I was not unimpressed by TCD's l200 'forwork'. Not my bag at all- not enough room, too car like and not enough towing capacity etc etc, but a fairly solid comfortable hybrid of a car and a proper off road vehicle.

However all these chrome covered hairdressers things with names like Barbarian, warrior, Pathfinder (BTW at Duchy college the slowest students' group are called the pathfinders:lol::lol:) are, IMO, a joke.:001_smile:

I don't need a high speed tractor. My L200 isn't - it's the non bling lifted car with a decent heater that is reasonably comfortable to drive home in after working 60 miles away etc. As long as it can pull a trailer too it's fine.

Iv'e an 04 l200 club cab and have had it about 5 years. I'm happy with it and will buy another. Only problem Iv'e had is heater plugs (about 3 sets). Apart from that it's been great. Gets loads of 4x4 use all year round. Not great on fuel, but no worse that my old hilux. And a hell of a lot more comfortable than a landrover.

I have never owned a motor with a heater like them, TCD you say decent i say lethal.

Mine would melt plastic. Good to drive apart from what we have spoke about, and what has not been mentioned is the short 1st gear, handy when loaded but not when you are in a rush to get out of a junction.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Got a 54 plate 4life plus with rallieart chip and it pulls like a tractor but has had its problems!! Heater matrix went three times starter went the truckman didn't fit and rubbed the paint off the rear tub and back of cab and at 47k the head went porrus and was quoted 2500k to sort by a the main dealer! had it since new and now own it outright but its getting run into the ground before I change but only because I'm tight lol would buy a tdci defender next anyday of the week by far a more robust workhorse and with the 6 speed box its like a car to drive when you don't have a trailer to haul!!! But at 18k you don't even get leccy Windows and even the cubby box inbtween the seat is an extra. If it was me is do as earlier mentioned and spend a couple of grand on a ifor wliams tipper it will work out the cheaper option by along shot trust me.

I had a Hilux Invincible and i was a great machine. A mate of mine had an L200 and it was dreadful.

Watch some episodes of Top Gear on Dave.........they loved the Hilux.

It doesn't drive great on the road.....a bit bouncy on the back and and pretty light but not bad.........you can't have your cake and eat it though!

If your keeping your defender for off-road then why not buy a Dyna or Cabstar? Can fit 3 loads in the back?