Torn between petzl seqouia, and Weaver floating dee?

YoGi_93

I cant decide between the two harnesses, and even then there is the possibility of getting the wide back weaver. The Weaver looks very simple very robust but doesnt look very comfortable. The petzl looks more comfortable. It may be just me but the leg straps look extremely thin on the weaver. I am a fairly big heavy bloke so it needs to me comfortable beause of the added weight on the leg straps. IE if they are thin they will dig in more. Any help? :) if anyone has a picture of the weaver being worn it would help. Ive seen the petzl in action so I know how it sits. Help please :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urrrgh cresto! that was my first ever harness and it wasn't good!

Petzl sequoia all the way, but it is worth noting that the weaver eventually moulds to your shape to make it comfy with it being leather (i think)

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

don't ever buy a second hand harness mate!....if you know (and trust!) the person who's selling it and you know when he bought if..fair enough. I've used a Weaver and found it the most uncomfortable harness I've ever climbed in..however, I sold it to a good mate of mine and he loved it!. I'm climbing a Seqouia swing now and its great. The best thing is to get your weight in a harness and try it out before you buy..nothing worse that buying online and it doesn't suit you.