Silky cut

Lancstree

I was cutting a small branch up in a cherry tree with my handsaw and because it was really wet I lost grip on the handsaw which somehow flipped and hit the top of my right thumb. It hit the part where it is just bone about 3cm below the knuckle. It hurt and bled a bit but I carried on expecting it to heal like all the other silky cuts have in the past but its been some time now (months) and it seems to be getting worse. For example I can't make a fist with my thumb on the inside without pain and it also hurts when I'm feeding my hands into gloves. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Could the silky teeth have done damage to tendons or perhaps there is some infection but there is nothing visible and can't find anything different to the other thumb.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silky saws are savage things. Some of the worst injuries I've had are from these little buggers. The remove quite a lot of material when you cut yourself with them and tend to scar up quite a lot. Maybe you've got some heavy scarring which is applying pressure to something it shouldn't. I've regretted not getting a couple of Silky bites stitched up because they healed pretty untidily. Worth getting looked at if it's months later?

I was cutting a small branch up in a cherry tree with my handsaw and because it was really wet I lost grip on the handsaw which somehow flipped and hit the top of my right thumb. It hit the part where it is just bone about 3cm below the knuckle. It hurt and bled a bit but I carried on expecting it to heal like all the other silky cuts have in the past but its been some time now (months) and it seems to be getting worse. For example I can't make a fist with my thumb on the inside without pain and it also hurts when I'm feeding my hands into gloves. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Could the silky teeth have done damage to tendons or perhaps there is some infection but there is nothing visible and can't find anything different to the other thumb.

i cut the knuckle on my index finger on right hand, took months to heal, when it did it hardly left a scar but boy did it bleed.

always happen on a nice cold day aswell when the bloods nice and thin