what music do we all like?

miker

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I started to say but got stopped because I had dared to stray over my 10 minutes allowed for editing, even though I had made my decision to edit within the 10 minutes (please make this restriction clear, as I was past 3000 words in my edit which involved a culturally diverse critique on the merits of 'Stripped down Italian speedcore as a knee-jerk reaction to the pseudo- middle-class confines of 'the Frankfurt Jazz tip scene')

Or (as any biscuit-heads have realised) I was about to launch into a lengthy polemic with you regarding the finest folk writer of our time, Nigel Blackwell together with his fine supporting cast known to us all as HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT

AND BEFORE YOU START, dont judge on some faded memory of Trumpton Riots or Dukla Prague, but listen to more modern (current album 90 Bisodol (Crimond) out recently) stuff. Tunefull, ascerbic, witty and damned right educational. They have matured like a wine produced on the banks of the Garonne, layed down with love in a Cotswold cellar by some minor TV chef, then to be brought to the attention of the non-attentive masses on one wet saturday morning ITV 'cook' show watched by a mix of hungover 20 something sheet metal fabricators, children who are not allowed upstairs because their parents are having sex, parents with children, because they cant stop their children going upstairs, pensioners, and young men in chainsaw trousers who are off work but feel strangely naked without 7 layers of kevlar beyond their knees.

Now what was this thread about??????????????

Anything from Mozart to Motorhead, many tracks invoke memories of past life but somehow AC/DC always gets turned up on the Stereo:thumbup:

Always like a bit of Zepplin, Purple, Whitesnake, Maiden etc or anything from the 80s, U2, Blondie...Clem Burke - great drummer, The Cult, The Cure - Back in Black AC/DC...nice:thumbup:

awesome dubstep track.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuoBg1Mlyk]Yogi Feat. Ayah Marar - Follow You - YouTube[/ame]

awesome orchestrated piece from the man him self john murphy from the film sunshine......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QahzbgUVwk&feature=related]Sunshine (Movie) - John Murphy - "Surface Of The Sun" - YouTube[/ame]

mind blowing stuff from another orchestrator hans zimmer from the film batman begins......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZst_2xJHAI]Batman Begins Soundtrack - Molossus - YouTube[/ame]

one of my favourite pieces of music from a band that should of IMO been more popular than they were.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T-s9Ne2Gns]Puddle of Mudd Control - YouTube[/ame]

Thats it for now.....:biggrin:

Grew up with the Pixies and other indie stuff, rock, grunge, smashing pumpkins etc,

then got into electronic stuff, The Orb, the Prodigy, Orbital, Plastikman and other techno DJ's , Jeff Mills, Joey Beltram etc

brief encounter with Dub and Ska, Desmond Dekker, King Tubby, Augustus Pablo.

currently into Aphex, Squarepusher, British Murder Boys, Mike Paradinas, Headcleaner, Beatwife, Mouse on Mars etc etc

the list goes on...

I download about three albums per day!

µ-Ziq - Autumn Acid - YouTube