Day rate for a groundie......

Big T

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, here is the latest prices from France from a generous ex-pat tree business

We, for we are a partnership, pay 150euros gross for a groundy with sense and experience. 120euros for a groundy without. You must be self employed and we supply everything inc lunch and t shirts (except PPE)

We have just given a 100% bonus to one groundy whose experience saved us a days work.

We pay bonuses when deserved and it never mean, even if it come out of the partners pockets.

Its all good at Le Jardinier Anglais.com

slightly different ball game but I pay between £9-11 a tonne depending on the site. £7 a tonne if you're using my kit. You should on most jobs with an 8 hour shift cut 10 tonne.

90-110 a day and they are providing saw fuel and own transport?

so about 70.00 a day then lol

For what its worth, I would say there's a big difference between someone who can use a saw with tickets, to a "groundy"

A guy with tickets, saw and can drag brash, £80-90 /day.

A good "groundy" is worth upto £150 a day.

If you ever get the chance to work with the latter, you will know what I mean.

For what its worth, I would say there's a big difference between someone who can use a saw with tickets, to a "groundy"

A guy with tickets, saw and can drag brash, £80-90 /day.

A good "groundy" is worth upto £150 a day.

If you ever get the chance to work with the latter, you will know what I mean.

Thats more like it. I was paying £60 a day for a lad helping me process firewood (unskilled) last winter, he will be helping me this winter on £80 a day, if he does any drainage work for me (my main business) he'll be on £150 a day, he's a skilled tradesman (in drainage) and that is the going rate around here.

On my private jobs all the guys get the same be it climber or groundie. there is no difference in my opinion they both graft like mad and its a team effort no room for individuals!!! last job £180 each and finished for 1pm, usually £150!!!

Is that why it was a private job? get many of em do u?

Providing your ground's peep spend as much on equip & cert's as your climbers do I can see no prob's :001_rolleyes: