Lots of Misleading Firewood Ad's on Ebay

farmer_ben

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weights measures act 1985 :)

good buddy at trading standards has informed me any firewood sold not as volume ie cubic metre then is technically breaking that act.So no trailer loads,no builders bags sold as a cubic metre when they are not,no un specified "pick-up bed full" loads and no "ton" bag fulls if they are not a ton.

Alot of customers have been moaning to trading standards apparently which has led to them having a big crack down on rouge firewood merchants.

It was encouraging to find out trading standards are taking the wood fuel industry more serious nowadays as it means less numpty's selling firewood and only reputable knowledgeable merchants are left doing the trade which we love and have worked hard for,which is way it always should be.

So don't stress dude the crap will be sieved out over next few years,you just keep on keeping on brotha !

Hmm....1 ton in a pick-up......must be very wet:)

i been buying green artic loads ash and sycamore... i have to spend ages makin sure every gap is filled in and fill trailer to top of the pins to get 26 ton on....

i bought some ash and sycamore from diff place that had been cut in april so part seasoned and as hard as i tried i could only get 20 ton on... just shows diff that few months seasoning makes...

i been buying green artic loads ash and sycamore... i have to spend ages makin sure every gap is filled in and fill trailer to top of the pins to get 26 ton on....

i bought some ash and sycamore from diff place that had been cut in april so part seasoned and as hard as i tried i could only get 20 ton on... just shows diff that few months seasoning makes...

What would a ton of water be about 1000 litres?

Remember volume can be misleading as well. 1m3 is not a cubic metre of wood. It is 1m3 of 'loose stacked' logs.

The customer is often to blame. Loads of new customers want to know 'Is it a tonne?'

I'm always tempted to say 'It can be' and start looking at the other end of my stack....:sneaky2:

Remember volume can be misleading as well. 1m3 is not a cubic metre of wood. It is 1m3 of 'loose stacked' logs.

The customer is often to blame. Loads of new customers want to know 'Is it a tonne?'

I'm always tempted to say 'It can be' and start looking at the other end of my stack....:sneaky2:

Even then they would be getting a good deal as that would be approx 1.5 cu metres of loose logs.