Thoughts please on a Beech problem

detritus21

Is the guy in the first shot calling the rozzers about some weirdo in the cemetry taking pictures ? :biggrin:

good piece of documentation Rob :thumbup1:

nope, hes on the phone to his Mrs explaining about putting diesel in her car when he should have put petrol. Its in the body language

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The state of the tree aside I'm guessing the same outcome for the beech with either the Rigidoporus ulmarius or Perenniporia fraxinus type fungi would be the same as ganoderma and ultimately would be to fell also is felling likely to be the only option for the other trees with gano? Its a difficult situation from my point of view as I've been asked to look at two specific trees and just a quick look at the rest and the quick look, more by Rob too be honest, has identified a number of other potentially serious issues going on.

Rob,

Pics 7-10 : not Ganoderma's, but probably a species with white spores, such as Rigidoporus ulmarius or Perenniporia fraxinus.

Pics 15-19 : :thumbup: .

Cheers for that

Looking at both Rigi and Peren, i'm leaning towards the Perenniporia from what it looked and felt like close up. As Detritus asks, what is the long term effects of perenni on Beech? (the tree had a big ole wound anyway)

Is the guy in the first shot calling the rozzers about some weirdo in the cemetry taking pictures ?

good piece of documentation Rob

How on earth did you spot that:lol:

nope, hes on the phone to his Mrs explaining about putting diesel in her car when he should have put petrol. Its in the body language

Haha!!

The state of the tree aside I'm guessing the same outcome for the beech with either the Rigidoporus ulmarius or Perenniporia fraxinus type fungi would be the same as ganoderma and ultimately would be to fell also is felling likely to be the only option for the other trees with gano? Its a difficult situation from my point of view as I've been asked to look at two specific trees and just a quick look at the rest and the quick look, more by Rob too be honest, has identified a number of other potentially serious issues going on.

Yes i too would like to know the effects of this fung on this tree species

Detritus, don't feel for one second i'm taking over this. I am interested from an educational point of view its just handy that its down the road from me. I can see why it would be a difficult position regarding the other trees, especially from a monetary point of view on the clients behalf if (or when) the trees are to be felled.

I agree about the HC, it does need to come out, but i would also take out the Beech with Merip and Turkey oak with Armillaria but thats just me..

I don't envy you taking to the clients on this one but as i said before it would be a good experience to see this job through and complete it with the clients full co-operation, like i said, if you need a hand, for anything, give me a shout:001_cool:

1. I'm guessing the same outcome for the beech with either the Rigidoporus ulmarius or Perenniporia fraxinus type fungi would be the same as ganoderma and ultimately would be to fell

2. also is felling likely to be the only option for the other trees with gano?

1. Correct.

2. No, the other beeches would need identification of the Ganoderma species first before further investigation, assessment of the decay and diagnosis of the condition of each one of the trees.