Greenmech are definitely the best!

monkeybusiness

The Quadchip imo is simply amazing; brilliant productive and adaptable chipper.

But the 19-28 oh my word. For two years running a brand new demonstrator presumably razor sharp has disgraced itself at the show in question. The gap behind the feed rollers jammed within minutes of the demo. The stress control was wholly boredom inducing and the most important factor imo - the sheer chipping productivity is way under par. The very same engine with manual throttle on a.n.other brand machine way outchips it. Bugger the safetrak, the chipping performace is pants. I reckon the quadchip is more productive actually.

I can't wait to try a Quadchip - the feedback seems to be very positive!

I haven't experience any particular jamming issues and I run 2x 1928 machines. Every chipper will jam on the odd occasion - it seems very unlucky for you to witness this twice. For some reason our road tow actually seems to feed slightly better than the Safetrak, but I can't really determine why this is (the top control bar on the road tow is a lot better for avoiding unwanted branch 'trips' than the lower Safetrak version, but this doesn't have any other effect on actual chipping performance). The rotor/feed roller set up is identical on both machines, and they have both done similar amounts of work so are pretty equally worn.

I have the stress control set up more along the lines of the Timberwolf - you can re-program the Greenmech box to suit individual operator requirements and I find this works very well for me.

In reply to tommer9, I think I have mentioned quite a few reasons as to why I think so highly of Greenmech when compared to other makes. Maybe I've been lucky and only used really good ones?!

The reason for starting this thread was to thank Greenmech for their excellent support - my opinion is based on my individual experiences of dealing with them as a company. I have spoken to people in the factory who could easily have fobbed me off and pointed me in the direction of a dealer, but who take it upon themselves to offer any assistance possible over the phone. This is priceless when you need help there and then, and can save downtime along with the obvious financial implications.

It is apparent that people have mixed feelings about the brand - I'm sure that some people had negative experiences with the older/earlier models and are subsequently put off the entire range. I have used 2 different models of older Greenmechs that were absolute dogs - not a patch on the competition. However, the later machines in the range are leagues apart from the earlier stuff. Even though they use the same disk blade system it appears that there has been a massive evolution in the design of the flywheels and the way timber is presented to the blades, which in turn affects the feeding and subsequent chip ejection.

I think the company and the machines are brilliant, and I would recommend that anybody in the market for a chipper at least has a demo on one - if it turns out that a competitor's machine is better suited to your needs then at least you'll know for certain!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to try a Quadchip - the feedback seems to be very positive!

I haven't experience any particular jamming issues and I run 2x 1928 machines. Every chipper will jam on the odd occasion - it seems very unlucky for you to witness this twice. For some reason our road tow actually seems to feed slightly better than the Safetrak, but I can't really determine why this is (the top control bar on the road tow is a lot better for avoiding unwanted branch 'trips' than the lower Safetrak version, but this doesn't have any other effect on actual chipping performance). The rotor/feed roller set up is identical on both machines, and they have both done similar amounts of work so are pretty equally worn.

I have the stress control set up more along the lines of the Timberwolf - you can re-program the Greenmech box to suit individual operator requirements and I find this works very well for me.

In reply to tommer9, I think I have mentioned quite a few reasons as to why I think so highly of Greenmech when compared to other makes. Maybe I've been lucky and only used really good ones?!

The reason for starting this thread was to thank Greenmech for their excellent support - my opinion is based on my individual experiences of dealing with them as a company. I have spoken to people in the factory who could easily have fobbed me off and pointed me in the direction of a dealer, but who take it upon themselves to offer any assistance possible over the phone. This is priceless when you need help there and then, and can save downtime along with the obvious financial implications.

It is apparent that people have mixed feelings about the brand - I'm sure that some people had negative experiences with the older/earlier models and are subsequently put off the entire range. I have used 2 different models of older Greenmechs that were absolute dogs - not a patch on the competition. However, the later machines in the range are leagues apart from the earlier stuff. Even though they use the same disk blade system it appears that there has been a massive evolution in the design of the flywheels and the way timber is presented to the blades, which in turn affects the feeding and subsequent chip ejection.

I think the company and the machines are brilliant, and I would recommend that anybody in the market for a chipper at least has a demo on one - if it turns out that a competitor's machine is better suited to your needs then at least you'll know for certain!

good shout there mate :thumbup1:

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had our new quadchip delivered today (out purchasing team held things up)we had a large pile of all sorts of brash and it coped no problems , very easy to use the turntable is really easy as well. Very easy to change the cutters as well as the other service items.

Well I prefer the heavier american machines. I have a vermeer (my second) and have used various Timberwolfs, greenmechs, farmi, Jensen and a few others and although there is little inherently wrong with Greenmechs, they just dont have the solidity I like of heavier machines. :001_cool:

Like Huck says, what in particular makes you see them as the best?:001_smile:

Me too we just had the latest vermeer bc230xl on demo awesome typical great build out standing features built like a tank well done vermeer a.other great machine hoping the company places that order so we will be first in UK to have them.

Interesting thread, seems like there are lots of differing opinions when it comes to chippers. We are on our second GM and they have very good points and some bad ones, for me the worse being thier paint, it is crap, after 4 months its starts to come off and it was the same for the first GM we had, I know these machines have a hard life but they cost a lot of money and they should not be shedding paint so early on. Good points they chip well, rollers are strong and one of the deciding points for me is the boys at Greenmech, especially Jason and Mack look after you above and beyond the call of duty. The worst chipper I have ever had was a Gravelly, peice of unbelievable ****, 5 sets of leaf springs, hopper fell off after six months and numerous breakdows.