palax 100s processor

nick channer

I would like a look and a play with it when and if you get it, looks a real nice tool to me.

Advice on backup and spares availability would also be nice.

A

to be honest i doubt theres much can go wrong that my local mechanic cant fix.. had couple hydraulic motors go on my old ks35 which we sourced and sorted in few hours..

it certainly is a big processor... i can buy bigger cord in at much cheaper rate than normal 15 inch max stuff thats why i like it... was thinking of a brand new palax 90sg with new 7 m log deck but that's nearly £30.000 total.. this 2nd hand one is 14000 and 4000 for 3m deck..

i'm hoping to be able to process 26 ton loads of cord very quickly then deliver them out in my bulker at a rate that would make you all think twice about buying cord and processing it yourselves...

i reckon i'd do 26 ton in a day with 2 of us with that maxhine..

to be honest i doubt theres much can go wrong that my local mechanic cant fix.. had couple hydraulic motors go on my old ks35 which we sourced and sorted in few hours..

it certainly is a big processor... i can buy bigger cord in at much cheaper rate than normal 15 inch max stuff thats why i like it... was thinking of a brand new palax 90sg with new 7 m log deck but that's nearly £30.000 total.. this 2nd hand one is 14000 and 4000 for 3m deck..

i'm hoping to be able to process 26 ton loads of cord very quickly then deliver them out in my bulker at a rate that would make you all think twice about buying cord and processing it yourselves...

Using big dia cord I am sure you will, my little JAPA can manage about 13 cube in a long day and about 10 in an average day given 200/250mm cord cutting at 240mm.

A

for proper world domination of the firewood market you need one of these:

Cord King CS27-40 (Model 60) Cord King

also look at their bog standard log splitter :

Cord King Monster Splitter Cord King.

does the palax come with a chip handling system? If your installation is fixed which it probably will be with a log deck, get something to suck up all the sawdust straight from the blade and into a bag. it gets very tedious shovelling it up manually.

You would need all good straight timber to process 26 ton a day, but not too big if you want to keep nice sized logs without having to put them back through to resplit, also we find waste is a time consumer taking all the trash and logs that are too small out, unless your going to just let everything go in the trailer and let trade customer sort it. which would result in a lower price.

You would need all good straight timber to process 26 ton a day, but not too big if you want to keep nice sized logs without having to put them back through to resplit, also we find waste is a time consumer taking all the trash and logs that are too small out, unless your going to just let everything go in the trailer and let trade customer sort it. which would result in a lower price.

we used to do 26 ton load in 2 good days with our little palax ks35s. only waste we get is bit sawdust and the small bits that fall through the grate on the splitter.. everything else goes in the load..... i have several people on here who are interested in a 26 ton of green wood being processed for them and tipped out of our lorry in their yard.... once i've managed to find time to split a load i'll no roughly how many metres they'l get from said load..

Nick if you can get that sort of efficency we would be a good customer next year. We are thinking of scaling down firewood so we can concentrate on our wholesale kindling. We have masses of log customers but due to old processor cant justify the time for the profit we make on logs. We could by logs from you and sell some kindling to take home. The only problem I can think of is its a bit tight for an arctic to get of the road but bulkers are often shorter than timber trailers. Once in we have storage for 160 metres in one shed alone.

we used to do 26 ton load in 2 good days with our little palax ks35s. only waste we get is bit sawdust and the small bits that fall through the grate on the splitter.. everything else goes in the load..... i have several people on here who are interested in a 26 ton of green wood being processed for them and tipped out of our lorry in their yard.... once i've managed to find time to split a load i'll no roughly how many metres they'l get from said load..

Yea spose your right i am just very fussy, although the more pieces your log splits into the more bits that come off, a cleaning drum like the one palax make would be ideal but i priced one once and cant remember exact price but they are not cheap. still 26 ton in one day would be going some, straight softwood and you may do it.