Which Periodical / Journal ?

ben-jammin

I get Hort Week online for free, thus saving my pennies for big, shiny beeeeuuuutiful books for the coffee table :drool:

I also get The Dendrologist quarterly, which is more of a pamphlet, and the RHS's The Garden, which is great if you have an all round general interest in hort'.

Aftertought: Ask at you library to get any journals in for you, so you can try before you buy ;-)

Edited by janey

Forestry Journal with Essential Arb always a good read. Then there is hort week which is starting to become a bit of a commercial grower mag and not so relevant now. The IOH mag which is a cure for insomnia. Just taken out a new subscription to a new one called Pro Landscaper launched at saltex last month. The Rhs Garden is alright for the pictures. We get the Forestry contracting association magazine which contains go sensible and useful info. There,s a few other trade type ones which are more advertising than useful content Some years I,ve got the Plantsman but it,s to in-depth and As I have have less time I can only do short and shallow:blushing:

Moved into a new flat and have a small room which is rather short on reading material...

Which do you subscribe to, what does it cost you, how often does it come through the letterbox and most of all, is it good value for money???

I get The Big Issue, and you can get a free homeless person (according to the lad i buy my one from in Colchester) with each one you buy :lol:

The AA Journal is one that would look good in your new office.

It can be a bit, erm, dry, and hard going though.

Unfortunately Janey, my flat does not have an office in it, nor am I important enough to warrant having one, though this small room does have a throne of sorts... :S

All great input guys I shall take a look into these,

And Dave, not an image I think I wanted this early in the am!!! But thanks!