Anybody got a log deck?

Goaty

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep em coming, finding real world info here. I have loader and soon hopefully hiab available both saving lots of backache. The idea of a deck seems better to me as it takes hydraulic flow from processor or the tractor driving the processor. You don't have to run 2 engines all the time. How do the hydraulic ones feed a single log at once, do you manual stop/start with controls? photos or videos would be good. Thanks.:thumbup1:

Is it hydraulic?

kwfhomepage

No its not hydraulic. I made it so that it slopes down towards the infeed conveyor of the processor, but not too steep, and one of the top runners (that the wood sits on) comes up to the infeed conveyor about half way along it, and the other runner is longer so that the timber lengths are able to roll directly onto the conveyor. I load it with a tractor/fore end loader with pallet tines and away you go. Saved me a fortune and also alot of backache.

And as has been pointed out, there is a photo of it on my avatar.

If anyone wants some more pictures of it, pm me your email and I will take some and send them to you.

This is what i use as a log deck, i used to have the frame on a 7.5 ton scrap lorry with the crane on a old volvo tractor unit, then a manual roller on the back, i now have this artic trailer cut down with drawbar for tractor, with the crane mounted on the front run by pto, and a removable and height adjustable hyraulic infeed table i made on the back that plus into a 1 x 42, it holds enough wood to do about 12 cube if straight 10foot stuff piled up. got some twweks to do and getting some removable pins made so can also use it to collect timber

DSC01667.jpg.5ee6800e5061f6fa79dff078d47fb08b.jpg

DSC01613.jpg.864187fd040313d97332f5751bfbc167.jpg

DSC01610.jpg.d8255dad6814b1f9d184f7b7d218ae25.jpg

mikey10 while i am impressed with your rig, surely they must be a more economical way of powering the deck instead of 3 hydraulic motors?? or am i missing something? could the 3 drive wheels not be powered by one motor and all joined by a chain?

mikey10 while i am impressed with your rig, surely they must be a more economical way of powering the deck instead of 3 hydraulic motors?? or am i missing something? could the 3 drive wheels not be powered by one motor and all joined by a chain?

Hi yes one motor with chains would work, but just seemed to be a lot easier to make to put 3 motors in series rather than having chains, sprokets covers etc, and if one motor packs up it can still be used with 2 or even one:001_smile:

knew i would be missing the point somewhere! :blushing: how much are motors like that??

they are only £100 each + vat from flow fit (harrier) which is why i went for 3 also i priced up a dalen one which has one motor and chains, metal is like tin and they wanted £1600 which is why i built my own, :001_smile: