Anyone in Cornwall have dealings with FR Jones?

Big T

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im based down in cornwall and have not had a problem purchasing Stihl equipment From F.R Jonse , whats the harm in having to prove that you are a pro user ? . more to the point i quite like it - down here if i wish to buy anything from my locall dealer i know i will be paying almost the full price as listed in the current catalogue and i will have to wait while they order it in . On the other hand i can speak to F.R Jones and know that they are not going to be beaten on price and in most cases i will get what i have ordered the next day .

Its not a dificult decision to make - prove your a pro user and get better prices ! simples

When they made the rule and we all signed the contracts, it was for all Stihl branded stuff. It would be good if they relaxed it to machines only. Maybe they will for next year, fingers crossed hint hint.:001_smile:

Sounds a bit more like it about time and all.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

I completly agree with their policy, its just a pain in my situation as Im not yet a "Pro user", I would like some of their products such as some PPE to do my training ( I already have a Stihl saw that I bought from Cornwall Farmers) so its abit of a catch 22 situation for me! Its ok though, aparrently they have a satalite agent in Redruth so I can get the stuff from him face to face.:)

I completly agree with their policy, its just a pain in my situation as Im not yet a "Pro user", I would like some of their products such as some PPE to do my training ( I already have a Stihl saw that I bought from Cornwall Farmers) so its abit of a catch 22 situation for me! Its ok though, aparrently they have a satalite agent in Redruth so I can get the stuff from him face to face.:)

Make it a bit easier on yourself and buy another brand other than stihl from FR Jones, some good sip protection at the right money.

I might be wrong here, but I'm not normally...:biggrin:\

The way I read it it says they can only send out to pro users after proof of training or "known customers".

If you go to Redruth and say:" Hi all I'm Big T!" (and get a quick tour of your chosen machine) you'll be a "known user" surely and should be ok to buy whatever Stihl has to offer via mr Jones and associates?

If that's not it, how does one become a known customer? Does it take a lunchtime date with Justin? a week in the Maldives together? when do you know someone?

Its not being a pro user that is the issue, you have to be an existing or 'known customer' to the supplier before you can have stuff sent over the internet. i.e you have to make a face to face purchase and have the proper hand over from an employee of that supplier in the first instance.

Dave (CTS) you have done this, as have many on thius forum, at Arb fairs, making you an existing customer.

i think what it boils down to some thing like that i was told by a barrister about a year ago he siad if i lent out any of my equipment to some one and if they had a accident to say with a saw and cut his leg of or somthing bad i would be legally liable as its my bit of kit and i should have show them how to use it and all the safety aspect of it so it maby that why stihl want there stuff to be hand over and to make sure you have been told about how to use and how to be safe with it just to cover there backs legally maby im wrong or thinking a load of poo

• 2 months later...

what happened to the good old days when a dealer was happy to sell a saw and look after you afterwards, they wanted the cash as much as you wanted that nice new saw & if you cut your leg off everyone accepted it as a calculated risk and was careful. all this H&S lark is just making jobs for the boys

:-)