Milling at the IFW show 2011

rowan lee

Not sure what mill this was in particular but it drew quite alot of attension at the event. A pretty impressive mobile unit. I happened to pass by as this large butt of sycamore was being sawn. That slab will make for an interesting coffee table or such like when it has been dried out. :thumbup1:

IMGP0162.jpg.412bf84699ccf975e358c5d8a4b9e7eb.jpg

IMGP0159.jpg.037ee38372f7a64be59a6d4f7e317134.jpg

Nice mill - not sure what it is though.

Lovely piece of sycamore there too. I've only once had sycamore like that, with the dark and colourful heart. Also nice to see a mobile miller demonstrating with hardwood - most up here just run douglas fir on demo days.

Hey Rowan

We have just had a Loglogic mill in for 3 days of milling & it's a great machine. Relatively quick & efficient. Our manpower & hire costs including telehandler & large compressor for 3 days were approx £1800. The mill has planked in excess of £3000 worth of boarding. Not a bad deal I reckon.

Save your timber & Get one in!

Cheers

Nod

When was the show?

Last May

loglogic autotrek sawmill

Thanks

Nice mill - not sure what it is though.

Lovely piece of sycamore there too. I've only once had sycamore like that, with the dark and colourful heart. Also nice to see a mobile miller demonstrating with hardwood - most up here just run douglas fir on demo days.

He was milling his own wood, on the day. My mate bought that slab for 40 bucks, it was very unusual. Any idea's what made it look so dramatic?

Hey Rowan

Our manpower & hire costs including telehandler & large compressor for 3 days were approx £1800. The mill has planked in excess of £3000 worth of boarding.

No sounds like a grand deal, and a few good action packed days of fun as well :thumbup1:

The sycamore that I cut that was similar was a stunted little troll of a tree - very old, but not more than about 35ft tall, with a bark that was fissured and ugly. Amazing inside though - it was cut into monster turning blanks:

2011-07-25_17-58-39_491.jpg

Jonathan