havent sold any yet what im doing wrong

littlerob

never really bothered with selling firewood / logs befor and buy the looks of it it dont seem to be worth doing basicly i have saw up 50 25kg size nets of logs mostly sweet cheatnut cherry and ash thats been sesond for about 12-16 months have had they advatised for just over a week at £3 a net havent even shifted one net so far and thay are well fild up that there are just about bursting the nets thought is was a good idea to start of with nets as my transit body is 12ft long x 7ft4 wide with 2ft deep sides so my truck would hold slightly more than over seller so i would probely have to be more expensive to make is worth the work can get plently of sesond apple wood from a furit farmer that i work for evey so often at very small cost

Never really bothered with selling firewood / logs before, and by the looks of it it doesn't seem to be worth doing. Basicaly I have sawn up 50 25kg size nets of logs, mostly Sweet Chestnut, Cherry and Ash that's been seasoned for about 12-16 months. I have had them advertised for just over a week at £3 a net haven't even shifted one net so far. They are well filled up, there are just about bursting the nets!

I thought it was a good idea to start of with nets as my transit body is 12ft long x 7ft4 wide with 2ft deep sides, so my truck would hold slightly more than other sellers. I would probably have to be more expensive to make this worth the work. i can get plenty of seasoned Apple wood from a fruit farmer that I work for every so often at very low cost

Where are you selling it, who's your market?

How have you advertised your goods?

I'm sure that even if you may not sell any now, by the time the market runs dry (as it seems certain it will) you'll be laughing if you still have stock to sell and can pretty much name your price. If you're reasonable price-wise and your logs are dry(enough) you'll be able to build up a customer base and things will get better over time, If you say you can get wood for little money then what's the rush, leave it, it will sell eventually.

mite be worth a shot or got a local farm shop farm shop up the road so my pop in there i can get apple wood as much a i can truch can hold and i mean stacked up higher than the cab at £ 10 a load

Edited by littlerob