Arborists Co-oparetive

Treegeek

My apoligse if this has been raised before i could'nt the answers i was after so here goes.

The traditional buisness setup goes something along the lines of one guy starts getting work in, gets enough to employ staff and so on hes got all insurances to pay employers liabilty vehicle etc.

I was wondering if this idea would be viable or legal ???? please your advice will be greaty received what i propose is the there is a agreement by where all opreatives are hired directly by the client via an contract for example: three guys A B C are working together

A generaly wins work owns the plant

B is main climber

C is groundie

In the contract AB&C get equaly paid for the days work

A who gets a finders fee / agent style perk for getting the work and providing the plant.

Thats about as much as i have in my haed that i can communicate that makes sense there could be a deal where the groundie owns the tipper etc

my thoughts where that each is answerable for there own risk liabilties loller taxes etc :confused1:

Is this overly complicated way of having a buisness setup where everone done's well and works well for there slice ????

I think it's one of those things that would be the way to go in principle but would prob not work in practice. Almost a bit like communism!

One person gets jealous, another doesn't pull their weight, one feels they are putting in more work and should get more money.... too many pitfalls....

I think people are out there already working together but still keeping separate identities and business. I work with several tree surgeons organising taking wood off site for firewood and milling.

I am kind of on the cusp of having much to much work for the weekend pj setup i have now booked my last free weekend in jan and looking to buy a stumpgrinder i love working for myself it makes the day job tolerable I'm having that rock and hard place feeling.

I am kind of on the cusp of having much to much work for the weekend pj setup i have now booked my last free weekend in jan and looking to buy a stumpgrinder i love working for myself it makes the day job tolerable I'm having that rock and hard place feeling.

you do not have too much work as a full time business, you have 2 days a week and you do not want the risk of running your own business:001_rolleyes:

Which is very wise:thumbup:

It all depends on the people involved. Staff will drive most folk nuts, maybe not the staffs fault but a combination of a lot of things.

When you have staff, it doesnt matter because i will get paid anyway attitude kicks in.:sneaky2: If each person had their own bit of kit, there own responsibilities in pride and reputation then it would work great.

There needs to be very strict rules and no huffyness.

If each get £500 from a £1500 job then they must invest a certain amount in their kit so not to let the others down on jobs.

humans will be the down fall of this almost perfect business plan mate:lol:

I've had a business partner, and would not go there again. Now I just work with another company - he tells me how much he wants to do the job for me, I get what I want on top and everyone's happy. The important thing is that we're both still in control of our own businesses and free to walk away at any point without the other losing anything.