Anyone got an Atlas tipper trailer?

farmer_ben

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you post a model number or something pleae? I'd be very interested in a tipping trailer that'll legally carry 3tons thats electric tipping triple axle and have an unladen weight of 500kg.

The link above says it has a carrying capacity of just over 2.5 ton

Is that the info off the Defender or the trailer ?. If the trailer you might want to check what your max tow weight is with Defender, you might be ok just cant remember. I tow with a Disco 2 which is a bit higher tow weight wise than Defender. I carry 2 tons of wood pellets on pallets pretty often, don't know that I would want to be carrying much more to be honest. Thats about 2750kg all up. Its a nasty feeling when the trailer is in charge, been there with 65 hp of MF 165 towing a ten ton capacity grain trailer at quite low speeds when I was a lad.

If your 2570kg is the Defender then thats the all up weight, so the trailer itself plus the cargo, so if the trailer is say 750kg unladen the load capacity is about 1800kg, legally.

A

Edited by Alycidon

A,

It's the trailer plate, I'll check the landy, I know when I was running an ex MOD 110 it could tow a wee bit more. For some reason ive got it into my head it'l pull three tons! Like you, if your used to towing and stick within the speeds most loads can be pulled around quite safely, low gears for big loads. Still regularly tow the big trailer in my profile pic around the city, usually loaded up to the top of the bolsters but there again the tractor will can legally only do 24mph.

A,

It's the trailer plate, I'll check the landy, I know when I was running an ex MOD 110 it could tow a wee bit more. For some reason ive got it into my head it'l pull three tons! Like you, if your used to towing and stick within the speeds most loads can be pulled around quite safely, low gears for big loads. Still regularly tow the big trailer in my profile pic around the city, usually loaded up to the top of the bolsters but there again the tractor will can legally only do 24mph.

I am not saying it cant tow it, it can, we both know that but is it legal ?. It needs to be boss of the trailer in all conditions, bloody dangerous otherwise especially on wet/greasy roads.

A

Want to get a tipper trailer this winter for firewood deliveries, anyone got said trailer and views on it? looks good on their website

Ive been looking for a tipper for a while been messed about so thought i would ring around, spoke to Clive at atlas and he was really helpful looks like he has got something coming in that's in my budget and only two year old .

I think they look aswell made as an ifor and cheaper cant go wrong.

I bought a used Ifor GD85 in 2003 for just over 1k, been offered £800 to trade it for one of their new model tippers coming next year. Excellent depreciation, wonder if Atlas does that, cant in fairness see why not, as you say it does look a tidy tool.

A