The coppice stove

WFWales

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seen or heard anything about it through the trade. It was not at the stove trade show last summer that I noticed. I would ask a lot more questions, some of the statements about how efficient the stove is compared to those on the market currently ( some of which have stated EN efficiencies of over 80%) take some believeing as you are always going to loose some heat into the flue pipe. Wonder if its CE marked, its not an offence to sell a non CE marked stove but I understand that it is an offence to install one.

Maybe it is a big breakthrough, maybe not.

A

Gasification stoves are not new, if you have a look on you tube you will see loads. You can make one out of two tin cans. Basically one can sits inside the other and there are holes in the outer can and the inner with extra holes near the top. There are claims that these little burners can reach 900c plus!

First line discredits firewood producers in the uk. Was going to quote but its probably a site that will sue Arbtalk so read for yourself. Then lots of wordiness about enjoying a day off work to go and cut an acre of willow by hand, many people dream the good life, but after a lifetime in the office, then "THE DAY!!!" sounds like blisters,aches and A&E for the non trained self sufficient wannabe lifestyler. I'd throw a twig on my burner a day with those memories.

Then £1500!!!!!!! for 300 meters of weed mat(4046 sq m to an acre and the pack is for 1/4acre) and 1200 willow cuttings!!!!! no choice of starter pack size!!!!! and 4 year wait. They do say you propagate your own to be fair

As said in post above nothing new, but people will buy it.

Then need a forestry mulcher to deal with there invasive non native engineered species. Or if they plant somewhere with bad access, some of the non qualified uk unprofessionals will have to charge £1500+ to deal with it.

It will work for someone but with a high failure rate for many,me thinks, People wouldn't burn wood if they processed it themselves. Fact.

Edited by Goaty
Clarifying statement.

Imho the website looks like wodburning snake oil.

Their own cost comparison chart shows that "par char" (what ever that is) is only 0.4 p cheaper per kw than wood @ 30% mc. That tells me that my wood at 15% mc is cheaper per kw than their product.

Not enough info or pics to comment on stove itself but the whole thing seems to me like a triumph of presentation over content.

Marketed to new age hippies and naive goodlife types.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

Would imagine 'par-char' is part-charred or part-charcoal by the look of it.

Anyway how many of you lot supply 'socially acceptable' wood and have cartoons drawn about how cool you are?....................................Exactly

NONE

It makes ALL the difference you know:lol::lol::lol:

Dont forget those 'demanding western users' either, when you get an order for a trailer load of (obviously dripping wet) logs from someone in Cumbria. Here in the North-East were not as fussy!!!!!

Edited by corylus
Added sarcastic comment regarding demanding western users.