Unimog?Worth the dosh?

Mike Hill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice Mog, I would never have a chipper on the front though it's hard enough turning left on a sharp bend with no passengers lol ;)

i know what you mean but you soon get used to it and its so convenient i can use the rear linkage for any other implement winch,transport box ect, plus with chipper on the rear and a body full of chip all the weight is on the back axel, also i can pull my crane trailer so we dismantle big tree and take everything same day one trip, i've had a chipper up front for about 7years now and wouldn't go back, heres my old outfit

5976531b23e78_beechheadingly010.jpg.c0bf574333778f8ce90dc32fbc43c796.jpg

5976531b1f4be_beechheadingly008.jpg.f97891010117290d85c09535b84662b8.jpg

I went over to Germany to look at a mog,turned out it was a complete TURD.It actually broke down on the test drive,the vendor claimed over the phone that it was emission certified and "ready for work".I think he put just a tiny bit of Diesel in it so I wouldn't test it to much.He never told me that it had been used as a Salt truck,would never have bothered to go if I'd known this,and I did ask what it had been used for in the German council.He claimed not to know.

Here is the knob head's details

Herr Douwenger (one of the wenger boy's?)

"Machinenhandel"

Emsland Gmbh His adverts are on Truck scout,I flew three hours and rode a train for a further three to see this Turd.He also

claimed to have other Mogs but "all were just sold haha" when I arrived.They must have gotten them off the

lot in a Teleporter as there were no tracks in the mud.

Yes,called them today but they only answer their phones betwwen 3 and 5pm.I'll give them a shout tomorrow.I found a 1250 over in Germany for sensible money,also one in the Uk as well as a U1000 that might be up for sale.

I really like the simplicity of the U1000,a 1250 really offer's little advantage to me here.

http://www.acprice.co.uk[/url]

Do you have his number?I'm based in Norway so can arrange my own shipping,thing is that the sum that is paid for the machine in Euro dollars,is what they sell for in Pounds Sterling once they land in the UK.Nice little proffit.

heres his web site http://www.unimogs-acprice.co.uk