A Rant If I May Gents!!!

farmer_ben

I would let it go if you can. You will get plenty more customers who will respect what you do. I am seeing the same thing this year cheap wood is no longer out there and the customer doesn't like it. Expect this to happen more often as the firewood market attracts new customers who have been used to cheap fuel.

Legally you have no rights to collect the wood whether paid for or not and if the customer is an arse will just land yourself in more bother?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing I would do is go and pick them up, that's just more work for nothing and he will still complain to his neighbours about it.

As long as you supplied exactly what you said you would then I wouldn't worry about it whatsoever.

This is probably one in a million compared to all of the satisfied customers you have.

Couldnt agree more. The guy was getting 'cheap' logs all along and thought he was getting the same this time.

He may well be be discussing with his wife this morning that the logs burned very well last night, and werent bad value after all. Going around knocking on his door this morning and taking the firewood back is certainly not the answer. The time to offer a refund was when he rang to 'complain'

If Ben is happy with the service he offers, thats what matters. There will always be oddball customers along the way, just grow a thick skin and move on. :thumbup1:

Don't go and nock on the door, phone him up and as others have said tell him you have considered the matter and do not want an unhappy customer, if he is not happy with the logs you will collect them and give him a full refund.

I would under no circumstances try to charge a handling fee or offer any discount - if you are happy you have given him value for money then stick to your guns - he either takes the logs at your normal price or you take them back. There is no way he can bad mouth you if you make that offer.

We had a chancer like this years ago but I had sussed him out on the phone and arranged delivery for when he was at home. When I pulled up with the trailer he launched into his spiel about getting a better deal last year.

My response was - "well give them a ring mate - I only brought this load in to show you what you get, if you don't want 'em I'll drop them off at the next customer on the list" and headed for the landy.

Wife came out of the house bollocked *£!" out of him and told me to get them in the shed and bring another couple of loads please!:thumbup1:

Take the logs back, give him his money back and move on - life's too short to worry about that kind of nonsense

Cheers

mac

Firewood customers are like trees some require more training than others.

You could go back and offer the check back and collect the wood, perhaps the customer may feel guilty enough to reconsider his opinion than again maybe not. You could also just leave the lying dog lie and move on to your next customer. The bottom line is no one can or ever will offer 100% satisfaction and get it every time, God knows most that have replied to this thread have tried. Go with your gut and you will have no regrets, after all it is your business, and no one can pimp yourself or your product/service better than you!.

easy-lift guy