tractor or telehandler?

delabodge

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the Valtra is 100-120hp. YOu'd need all that to use that crane to full effect i'd say.

Back to the original; thread, personally i would go for a tractor with front loader. for 8k you can get some nice but small case 4x4 tractors with loaders, these are favourites with equine yards as easy to use. 15k would get you a very nice tractor loader combo.

hard to jusify a loader if your not shifting grain, beet, muck etc, where they really come into their own

I'd say the Valtra is 100-120hp. YOu'd need all that to use that crane to full effect i'd say.

Back to the original; thread, personally i would go for a tractor with front loader. for 8k you can get some nice but small case 4x4 tractors with loaders, these are favourites with equine yards as easy to use. 15k would get you a very nice tractor loader combo.

hard to jusify a loader if your not shifting grain, beet, muck etc, where they really come into their own

i totaly agree what you whant is a tractor with a front loader is what you need.

I have a similar issue, need a loader for my tractor really but i have found MF24 telehandler (100hp turbo!) for £1000, its in a sorry state and only in 2wd as the prop shafts missing but its working well! Erm if dont mind being sprayed with hydraulic fluid, a flexi pipe went bang when we fired it up for the first time in a year on fri.

So my plan is to eventually have both a 4x4 tractor with loader and a cheap but functional old telehandler.

Just need to slip the deal by without my wife leaving me!

I have a similar issue, need a loader for my tractor really but i have found MF24 telehandler (100hp turbo!) for £1000, its in a sorry state and only in 2wd as the prop shafts missing but its working well! Erm if dont mind being sprayed with hydraulic fluid, a flexi pipe went bang when we fired it up for the first time in a year on fri.

So my plan is to eventually have both a 4x4 tractor with loader and a cheap but functional old telehandler.

lol,,,,know that feeling,,,,:laugh1:

£1000......bargain!!!!!!!!

I recently went to a farm dispersal sale where a 1984 matbro telehandler (2wd) went under the hammer. No one looked very interested so i thought it would be a steal at about £1200. In the end it went for £4700. I walked away at £1800.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

£1000......bargain!!!!!!!!

I recently went to a farm dispersal sale where a 1984 matbro telehandler (2wd) went under the hammer. No one looked very interested so i thought it would be a steal at about £1200. In the end it went for £4700. I walked away at £1800.

kwfhomepage

Think of an auction as a big shop if you dont bid the price tag its not going home with you. I love auctions I dont sell my used generators to the public any more. I put a 17 kva in an auction with a reserve of £800 it sold for £2800 and I thought there was only one person bidding which was confirmed by the auctioneer when he said I didnt think he was ever going to stop. I bid to a price I think is a bargain if I think its being run off the wall I dive out the crowd and listen to it stall.

You havent seen the state of it yet! it needs a couple of new cables to get it fully operational, and the new flexi hose, and a new exhaust, and a seat cover and various other odds and sods.

Ill take some pics tomorrow.

Mate recons its got more lifting power than equivelent JCB which is why he bought it in the first place.