Yale Blaze

Vertical Lmit

A few months ago I changed my 45m xtc for the new Yale Blaze. After climbing for about 8 hours on what seemed a nice light rope, the outer sheath came away from the inner core leaving me with an end of rope with 1mtr of core missing and a large portion of bunched outer sheath in the centre of the rope. This then stuck fast in the friction hitch on descent. The rope in question was then sent back. 6 weeks on I am still without explanation from my arb dealer or yale and no offer to repace clearly a hazardous piece of kit.

Can anyone else confirm problems with this rope!!

Might be time to name and shame the arb supplier in question. No connection to this site that i am aware of Steve.

Its always a shame to hear this sort of thing, actually quite surprising in this instance....there's always the exception that proves the rule.

Personally, I found the rope to be of the highest quality. I thought of it as having a generally very good reputation. Even more reason then to find it somewhat stupefying that Yale have not simply replaced the rope and apologised for the inconvenience....Good luck .:confused1:

Where else would you milk it from, the middle??

You can easily get a meter of sheath if you milk it hard enough, and this should be done to prevent the sheath hocking up in the middle.

There wasn't a meter of rope with no core, there was just a meter extra sheath than core, its not dangerous if you inspect your kit.

Surely its from poor manufacturing?

Shouldn't it already be stretched at the factory, if there were an eye spliced on each end you would have to loose one of them.

I had a new england Hi vis do this on me fooked the spliced eye end up, ended up cutting it to bits by accident before i could take it back :blushing: