Pallet straps for planked logs?

Tom at Heartwood

When in the drying cycle are you thinking of moving it? If it's going to have seasoned in between then there will be significant shrinkage over the stack height, so fixed straps will go loose, so I would look at ratchet straps. You don't need much strength - you're not trying to pull the wood around with it, so anything strong enough to hold it steady whilst moving really. I have used the cheap ratchet straps that come in packs of 10 before - I would have thought they would do what you want.

Alec

Hello mate tried all of the normal pallet strapping systems. In my mind the best sort comes from a company called Cordstrap. With the system that they sell you can retension the product that you are securing. I have treid several and this is by far the best one. They had a big stand at the Forstry show at Cannock. Any problems or for contact details of the rep please pm me.

weve just bought a cordstap kit for just that and for retensioning our pallets of logs as they dry out as normal pallet strapping you cant re tension - i find it great ,but it works out at about 7p a metre i think - but its all reusable and retensinoable, so in theory will last along time, the whole package, 2 rolls of cordstrap and buckles comes with roll holder and tools comes in about £280 i think, so initial investment pricey, but it has already come into its own in time not having to re strap things.

joy

I've got a system that sounds similar to cordstrap (but don't know the name off the top of my head).

It's very good, the strapping is tough and very easy to re tension.

Just checked it and can't see manufacturer though....