Why no Toyota J40 type pickups in the uk?

blazer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this is why we fail at Rugby - they have LC70 in Auss, South Africa Man ( they always say that when asked where are you from) & the all blacks have them in NZ:sneaky2:

Interesting about the 'agreement' with LR is there a time limit:confused1:

With LR planning to drop the 110 in a few yrs, will that allow the LC70 into the UK?:thumbup1: from the responce is is a demand

I had thought it was because the early models were a bit crude, we used them on the dam construction sites in central Brazil in the early 70's - very tough but a bit like a tractor with a 4 seater cab.

Blazer not sure about the time limit to be honest guy i spoke to is Paul at West Coast 4x4 near Southport-i only went up for a pair of Kumhos for my 90 and got the life story of Toyota 4x4s! Seriously though doubt theres anything he doesnt know about them and he has some nice projects on the go-only problem is he tries to get you into a Toyota if you drive in in a Landy!:scared1:

Many years ago I worked in Saudia Arabia and we used the older FJ45 pickups. They were next to indestructible and regularly got hammered and abused both on and off road. Spares were easy to get and reasonably priced. The straight 6 petrol engine red lined at 4500rpm. One of our fitters replaced a blown up Nissan Patrol engine with a Toyota engine and it went on for years.

Blazer not sure about the time limit to be honest guy i spoke to is Paul at West Coast 4x4 near Southport-i only went up for a pair of Kumhos for my 90 and got the life story of Toyota 4x4s! Seriously though doubt theres anything he doesnt know about them and he has some nice projects on the go-only problem is he tries to get you into a Toyota if you drive in in a Landy!:scared1:

Met a few guys like that:thumbup1:

I don't know but I assumed a few yrs ago most were happy with the older style of pickups easy maintenance fairly basic, ideal for offroad working, but the recent tread is going for a more USA urban style high tech 'take it to a dealer to get it fixed' type of pickup is getting away from what most land work guys need. Hence looking at the LC70 range, for a more robust type of arb-truck.

• 1 year later...

He would only need to open the door for us.

• 2 weeks later...