Equipment Security

Sambo

I was just wondering how people mark their saws and equipment in order to make them identifiable for security reasons? I'm building up quite a bit of gear now and I'm after ideas for keeping them secure!

Your thoughts much appreciated - Cheers!

data tags or micro dots are good but wont deter thieves just hit resale of their nicked goods. TER is again a good thing to be registered with, both my ifors and chippers are on there.

bit off topic but we had one of our race bikes stolen whilst it was being prepared for a beach race. pikey took it with a few crucial, main dealer only parts missing. luckily it was a rare model of bike, we informed the 2 dealers in the country of the model and frame & engine numbers and what parts were missing. heard nothing for 2 months then we got a call saying someone had quoted frame number to order parts that we listed. police were involved and we got bike back, best bit was the police left the tag on handle bars saying where bike was recovered from, needless to say he got a visit

The last saw I had stolen went out of the back of a Discovery while we were a matter of yards away. The scrote grabbed it and ran like an Olympic sprinter. As he vanished into the alleys of the scrote estate I found myself wishing the fuel tank were fitted with a tiny semtex charge and a rc detonator linked to my mobile phone. Perhaps Santa will bring me a set.