Bodean's Video?

tockmal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the exact reason it is done, to get as far away from the branch as possible.

I even lean out of the bucket or have one hand on the slew button and one hand cutting. As sson as the branch starts to move slew away from it.

All well made points that add good balance to this post,:icon14: and I appreciate the lack of canines up to this point :scared:

Dean to be honest I use the same technique with the slew control......................but are you guys not seeing how much the saw jumps back tip first towards the cutters head :scared:

I dont see methodical control in that.

Quote from Cs 47 "Two hands on chainsaw whilst cutting"

and before anyone says anything, I am well aware of how arsy it is to quote regs.

But this action would in no way lead to succesful attainment of said ticket.

Quite the opposite.

IMO, this is probably the exact situation, due to the

all to often associated accidents, which makes HSE so over the top with training and PPE requirements.

I would be all for personal assessment by the industry that would take account of an individuals previous experience, safety/training records, insurance histories and above all common sense.

And maybe this is where the heckles are gonna be raised......................but isn't this exactly the type of seemingly inconsequential act that alienates most of us (dare I say realists) here at Arbtalk with the "so called professional side" of our beloved industry.

Right............ Rant over, I'm sitting comfortably have turned off the phones and barricaded the doors and windows. Bring it on Fellas :wave:

One last thing, thanks for the clarification and appologies to you Deva, cause although this is on a post with your name, this is in no way meant as a personal dig to your good self or your coleagues, your just the innocent catalyst here.

Cheers, David

Yeh, just gone back and looked at 2.30.

You have got eyes like a poo house rat David.

Positioning should have been a little higher, he was cutting above shoulder height which, apart from anything else makes it hard to retrieve the saw from the cut slot if it takes it with it a little.

I find putting undercuts on branches from the MEWP doesn't give you any warning time. If there isn't loads of tension on the branch I like to go straight thru from the top which gives a little more time to slew out the way.

That's my preference but I'm sure we all have our own way.

But yes, on the point of 2.30 it did look a little dodgey, wouldn't say it was kick back, looked more like follow thru when the branch suddenly popped, tried taking the saw and he yanked it out the slot.

It's good to see the good with the bad though.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...