big ash with heavy lean towards wires

dadio

Interesting thread, not so much from the OP but the opinions held on here by the membership. I think that here in the UK we in arb have become very blinkered in our approach to how we carry out our daily toil. H&S has become the dominant force, dictating our working practises and taking the common sense approach out of the equation. No-one is saying you should carry out a job in the manner that Dadio has shown, but you can glean ideas here and there that may just make your life easier when the "proper" way just isnt working. The PPE issue is irrelevant here as already mentioned before, so I'll not repeat that.

This is neither an endorsement, nor a criticism of the OP, but for certain people jumping on every thread the OP starts seems to start seems to be the only contribution they make these days. hardly conducive to a friendly arb forum, and looks pathetic to outsiders.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread, not so much from the OP but the opinions held on here by the membership. I think that here in the UK we in arb have become very blinkered in our approach to how we carry out our daily toil. H&S has become the dominant force, dictating our working practises and taking the common sense approach out of the equation. No-one is saying you should carry out a job in the manner that Dadio has shown, but you can glean ideas here and there that may just make your life easier when the "proper" way just isnt working. The PPE issue is irrelevant here as already mentioned before, so I'll not repeat that.

This is neither an endorsement, nor a criticism of the OP, but for certain people jumping on every thread the OP starts seems to start seems to be the only contribution they make these days. hardly conducive to a friendly arb forum, and looks pathetic to outsiders.

:congrats:

dead right.:thumbup:

Must be the change in the weather!

I posted a comment last week on an earlier video from Dadio. I knew my post would provoke comment. I had expected my reasoning to be questioned..fine..that's what an open forum is for. Was genuinely suprised at some of the response; and I note the thread I started was removed (?)

Good to see that Im not alone in recognising that variety can add value.

Still, some here will be pleased to know that I cant find my engineering calculator right now!

Thanks for video.

I often use a truck for pulling trees.

Wearing Jeans on the job? It's America, they do things differently.

Why do i get the feeling you guys are just looking for faults because Dadio posted this vid?

Its starting to get old guys

its a fourm for discussion ,thats all steve ,constructive comments all the way

I must admit Daniel as you know some of my videos and your opinions don't see eye to eye from time to time. BUT.... i thought you did a very good job getting that down and the only thing that made me giggle was you missed part of your log mat but thats ok with me. Im all for the safe and sure method.

Fine i'll say it.

Good Job

I must admit Daniel as you know some of my videos and your opinions don't see eye to eye from time to time. BUT.... i thought you did a very good job getting that down and the only thing that made me giggle was you missed part of your log mat but thats ok with me. Im all for the safe and sure method.

Fine i'll say it.

Good Job

Come on, admit it, you just like it because of all the pulleys used! :001_smile: