What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Spirit and compressor - works for me but find it annoying that owners don't seem able to pop covers off every 6 months and clean their saws!

[emoji15] 6 months!!! I’d be in tears if i left mine for six months till i cleaned it, and i’m not a daily user like most guys.
Might just be me being anal but tend to blow em off with compressor after each use and take recoil case and clutch case off probably after every 3 days of use.
I even wash my car before it goes in for its service knowing full well its gona get BMW’s full valet and attention.
Wouldnt dream of giving anything over to anyone without if being clean, wouldnt want em to get the impression i’m idle or scruffy!

I recieved a written warning from Spud last night.

It was worse that a fellow arbtalker pointing out a peg you left...

As I really want to stay on the right side of him I'm reviewing my future saw cleaning regime.

Though I hope my wife won't shout about the ring of filth around the bath...

Stuart

• Like 3

MMMM, yes Stuart, not sure what your version of ""CLEAN" is but your saw certainly wasn't as was the 353XP in the picture....you know who you are.

I have a 395XP to do now...brand new and a spanking 550XP which is 4 years old but looks new......doing these gives me time to spend on the important bit rather than TWO hours cleaning your 441 - still getting bits of chip out of my hair:cursing::bluboomteamenforcer

Waiting for some bits to be delivered, but did a few little jobs on the 371 today. Replaced the fuel line and filter, cleaned up a few more bits of the saw. Removed the carbon build up from the exhaust port and gave it a bit of a polish. Cleaned all the old bits of gasket off the cylinder and measured the squish. Was getting readings of 0.5-0.45mm and have removed a little more carbon from the piston top since. I hope this will be ok?

The old piston ring appeared to be a lot thinner opposite the gap, I assume this is where it has worn. Made up a new stop cable from the switch to the coil. Stripped the carb and found it looked in far better condition than I expected. Think I might just put a new set of gaskets etc in it and see how it runs.

• Like 1