What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Had a 066 in for porting, just needed a new clutch drum as the original was knackered. Finished porting a 372XP, a few issues with the coil but got over those.

Also got another MS200 in, the crank bearings are pretty rough so got new ones to fit. Just finished porting a 346XP and have another 372XP to port next week.

Also fitted new brighter lights in the workshop and been shifting one of my log stores to a better place in the back garden.

Had my saw back a week now after spud fixed it for me. It's running great thanks spud. Clogged down a big ash with it today, but it was hard work without the dogs, so I dug them out and fitted them on[ATTACH]203751[/ATTACH]

Thanks Will, guess it was nice to get the saw working after you messing with it for so long and getting a sore head:thumbup: Fortunately it wasn't the time waster it could have been and was in pretty good overall condition apart from the parts I changed/replaced.

Glad it is back earning money:thumbup1:

Turns out it was my botched attempt at a crank seal change on the flywheel side. Leaking under pressure.

How can you check for vacuum leaks? It held 10 psi for ages, tried squirting some fairy liquid but no bubbles.

733062e0837a9ade100036b6a3c97920.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Not sure I follow you, if it is holding 10psi, it is holding pressure as vacuum is measured generally in inches of mercury.

I usually put a vacuum on the engine and if it leaks, you need to apply oil or lube spray to typical areas it may leak and it will hold vacuum for a short while until the engine sucks in all the fluid and starts leaking again.

Seals can leak one way and not the other - pretty common!