What's on your bench today?

spudulike

MS180 dropped in this morning with a note saying it was running perfect when put away in January, wanted to use it last weekend and it wouldn't start. This is the worst case of leaving fuel in the saw for 10 months ive seen.

Wow, One reason I use Aspen!

New carb needed,no point in cleaning that one.

MS170.

Weird that the last two saws I've fixed have had exactly the same problem with exactly the same solution.

Problem: Chain moves while idling.

Solution/issue: cover washer/washer behind the clutch is missing or the wrong way round. Strange. How did it (the one from the 170) ever go missing?

Any idea what could cause a slipping clutch on a 211? Chain stops in the cut but the revs don't slow by much.

Funnily enough I've just had the clutch off to clean out behind it. I greased the needle bearing, wondering if a bit of excess grease is causing it. I'll clean it up again without grease and see :)

Any idea what could cause a slipping clutch on a 211? Chain stops in the cut but the revs don't slow by much.

Funnily enough I've just had the clutch off to clean out behind it. I greased the needle bearing, wondering if a bit of excess grease is causing it. I'll clean it up again without grease and see :)

The grease shouldn't cause the slipping, are the clutch shoes OK? Try cleaninng the drum off and try it again.

The grease shouldn't cause the slipping, are the clutch shoes OK? Try cleaninng the drum off and try it again.

I thought the grease would burn off before it caused slipping. Ill clean and degrease the shoes and clutch and see from there.

Shoes look to be fine. It really hasn't worked hard.