What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Theoretically speaking I guess no load on the strimmer engine would equate for a richer mixure equalling cooler running Barry which may extend running time before seizure?

Its an interesting topic as like you say we all assume it would only be a short run time on neat fuel.

Reminds me of an old guy I used to know that never used to mix his fuel so meticulously as most of us. He would have a full fuel can, unscrew the 2 stroke oil lid and just fill the lid up with oil and throw it in the can yet never seemed to have an issue with any seizures even tho it was prob nearer a mix of 80/1! I am talking 20 years ago so maybe machines wherent pushed to there limits tunability wise as today and fuel had less ethanol etc which may have helped.

Manny factors i useto have a similer strimmer laying around i could have made an comparesent and worked it with neat petrol in . I would think it would knock a good chunk off survival time

The base or the transfer bulge will bear the manufacturer name "Mahle" and on it and the very top of the cylinder by the plug hole, the flat will have "A" or "B" engraved on it !

Thanks Spud

Will have a better look but from what I remember it sounds like he's got a Chinese pot on it.👎

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Thanks Spud

Will have a better look but from what I remember it sounds like he's got a Chinese pot on it.👎

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hyway don't put a name on, generally OEM cylinders tend to be a darker grey, whereas AM cylinders are either lighter, or blackish

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Whats on my bench, not on the bench but been replacing drop links on the anti roll bar from the wifes Fiesta, followed by:001_rolleyes: the thermostat......sounds easy doesn't it:001_rolleyes:

Remove wheel, remove lower pulley cover, remove drive belt, remove alternator with its hidden bolts, remove hoses and finally remove the thermostat cover with....three hidden bolts:lol:

What a job!

She still isn't happy - she wanted a new splashback behind the hob and new worksurface....she forgot the GP is on and I need the power off:001_rolleyes::lol:

Whats on my bench, not on the bench but been replacing drop links on the anti roll bar from the wifes Fiesta, followed by:001_rolleyes: the thermostat......sounds easy doesn't it:001_rolleyes:

Remove wheel, remove lower pulley cover, remove drive belt, remove alternator with its hidden bolts, remove hoses and finally remove the thermostat cover with....three hidden bolts:lol:

What a job!

She still isn't happy - she wanted a new splashback behind the hob and new worksurface....she forgot the GP is on and I need the power off:001_rolleyes::lol:

Huh! Thats nothing Steve. I was defrosting my fridge with a hammer and a long screwdriver!!

Glad im not the only one...

Nice simple tip run or so I thought, but oh no "yeah mate the car battery goes over here" ..."the wood over in that skip" that metal in the container where you came in-the one without a sign on..."... "um that cool box im not sure let me go check" - felt like I done a mini marathon so no wander theres always a queue of traffic waiting to get in!

What a bloody joke! Next time everything but metal will just go on the hedgelaying bonfires, so much easier and quicker

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice simple tip run or so I thought, but oh no "yeah mate the car battery goes over here" ..."the wood over in that skip" that metal in the container where you came in-the one without a sign on..."... "um that cool box im not sure let me go check" - felt like I done a mini marathon so no wander theres always a queue of traffic waiting to get in!

What a bloody joke! Next time everything but metal will just go on the hedgelaying bonfires, so much easier and quicker

Car batteries and metal go to the scrap yard nowadays when I have anything like a trailer load. Batteries fetch 35p a kilo and the last lot I took along with some steel in the 4ft trailer made me £26. Better than a poke with a sharp stick I thought.

Nothing on my bench today!!!

The first day off in 10 weeks and I still can't get away from machines.

I caught up on 10 weeks of gardening in my own garden today, requiring the use of

one ride on Stiga

one hayterette

two chainsaws

one brush cutter

one Eliet Minor shredder

one blower

one broom

Still, it looks a damn sight better now:biggrin: