What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Right, I have a saw with a locked piston, anyone know how to free it?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You need to find out if the piston is definitely stuck, it is unusal unless moisture has started to oxidise the piston against the cylinder.

Usual way is to get a load of oil down the bore and get a plumbers lamp on the cylinder and get some heat in it whilst you have a wrench on the flywheel or clutch nut rocking it too and forth. If the piston is covering the exhaust port, then you can fill the cylinder right up and use the pressure of doing the plug up and expansion of the oil on heating to get the lube around the piston to free it:thumbup:

Ooops. Thought it would've pinched the ring doing that with heat build up.

Ive never had a u/s 357 cylinder and done quite a few seized 357's so you maybe lucky if you don't damage it getting off.

Keep us updated. If it is knackered then tesgol does the nice closed port 59cc highway kit and if he hasn't got one let me know cos I have a new spare on the shelf.

If this is your ported one, I hope you beveled those ports well!

Yes, then smoothed them, I've ran the saw a fair bit, it's just I dogged right in yesterday and covered the muffler for a few seconds too long, rather than pulling back and moving

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App