What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Picked up a little saw for a local guy I know, it is a vintage 070 and actually looks like it is in good condition. The saw has 155psi and fired with a little carb cleaner in it so reckon it will go:thumbup:

For those not aquainted with the 070 - I have put a MS200T next to it to demonstrate how big it is:lol:

DSCF1421.jpg.b30cf19d8a68f689cba5b202c13e435f.jpg

DSCF1420.jpg.849ddcd8a5c3b0789160af974ea4abd1.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg.db808685769b1ecf973258f4ee043b70.jpg

Every days a school day:001_smile:

I always thought it not possible but someone else said they had had success doing it so experimented with a shot cylinder and it worked OK.

The Yanks use a "Soft Hone" - a bog brush made with rubber filament impregnated with carbide - that works but they are damn expensive.

Just find out what works and use it:thumbup:

I always thought it not possible but someone else said they had had success doing it so experimented with a shot cylinder and it worked OK.

The Yanks use a "Soft Hone" - a bog brush made with rubber filament impregnated with carbide - that works but they are damn expensive.

Just find out what works and use it:thumbup:

That's just like de-glazing style hone tools, the 1 I've got uses different grades of stones and there expenses, over do it and it will re-bore cylinders,

What honing tool do you lot use. I have a couple but for Diesel engines. They are far too big for a chainsaw pot?

It is a Sealey twin arm one for very small bores, I have tweaked it a little but it works on the ones that need it and reckon it will help new pistons bed in that bit quicker!

Just need to take care on the ports as they do catch if not careful!

Put that on some scales, you would need to be kinda huge to lug that about :blushing:

Bloody heavy, about 12kg PHO!

Spud, check the points timing, they can be moved too far before or after TDC, and point gap, can be a bugger

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have used Flex-Hones in cast iron cylinders, they are the world leaders in bog brush with abrasive balls on the end.

One flex-hone supplier says this:

"What if my cylinder is Nikasil Coated?

Nikasil coated cylinders are more delicate than the iron bores typically used with Flex-Hones®. Nikasil is an electroplated oleophilic nickel matrix silicon carbide coating that allows the use of aluminum cylinder walls without a steel sleeve. This coating reduces friction and wear. Great advantages come with the use of Nikasil on coated aluminum blocks or jugs, one of them is the increased heat removal from the piston, pin and ring assemblies. The other advantage is the tighter tolerances can be achieved. Most Nikasil coatings are 0.0003" to 0.0008". To deglaze and freshen up the bore walls you must use an aluminum oxide material based hone. This softer material works well with the hard walls. Use the hone like described above with the exception of much less rotations. Run the hone for 10-12 rotations in the bore and inspect. If the overall cylinder looks touched then you are done and remove the tool."

This is the type you need, size to suit each cylinder, this will do 40mm.

1 5/8" Nikasil Aluminum Oxide Cylinder Flex-Hone 320 | eBay

$T2eC16ZHJHEE9ny2sYPzBRSlsWL!BQ~~60_12.JPG

Not too expensive, just the postage and import duty.

Last one I bought came from the states, far too expensive if you buy in the UK.

H-A

Bloody heavy, about 12kg PHO!

Spud, check the points timing, they can be moved too far before or after TDC, and point gap, can be a bugger

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

TBH, I picked it up and am storing it for a mate so over to him in a week or two:lol:

I guess it may have homing properties:001_rolleyes: