What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Flywheel came off ok. Recoil spring was covered in crap so cleaned it off in petrol and reassembled. It still seems a bit tired and slow to rewind but I can't find anywhere to buy just the spring without the pulley etc. I also will need a fuel line for it as it isn't sealing in the fuel tank so I shudder to think what state it is in along the rest of it. Any ideas where to look for these online? :001_rolleyes:

i would have thought that you'd get more/snappier recoil if you put another turn on the spring with the starter cord. For fuel line I'd measure outside / inside diameter then bite the bullet and buy a roll of tygon or oregon on ebay - painful but will do many saws/tools to come - don't buy cheap fuel line - very false economy

Given up on the McCulloch Titan 50 for now, it runs and oils but is leaking fluids a bit - needs more work:001_rolleyes:

Got the seal back in the MS660, fiddly little bugger - would have been easier with a chamfer on the crank shaft where the seal slides on but thats life. Found a method that works and now got a decent seal and it passes checks:thumbup:

DSCF1312.jpg.9e422055985c8ec9f4aaa597dbdfbb12.jpg

whats on my bench?

my land rover.......

lost my clutch yesterday one the way back from the hospital from becoming a grandad for the third time.

took the slave piston out tonight and the release arm is stuck, means the fork has worn and the wont work. so its over the pit in the new ish workshop ready for the morning. should be fun.....not.

really ant wait for this week to just end aready...

whats on my bench?

my land rover.......

lost my clutch yesterday one the way back from the hospital from becoming a grandad for the third time.

took the slave piston out tonight and the release arm is stuck, means the fork has worn and the wont work. so its over the pit in the new ish workshop ready for the morning. should be fun.....not.

really ant wait for this week to just end aready...

Ill Try and upload the pics of the mighty Hilux dragging that sorry arse landy back to the farm :thumbup::thumbup:

mighty Hilux, yr going to have to imagine a sorry silver fluid leaking landy behind:001_tt2::001_tt2:

just remember who has that hilux at the moment dave....:001_tt2::laugh1::laugh1:

dont worry I will bring it back in one piece....sort of:laugh1::laugh1:

but thanks for the lend by the way. really didnt like the idea of borowing dons range rover sport....