What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The rubber boot pushes on to the cylinder, the tab lines up with the right side of the cylinder tab with the fuel tank facing you, the plastic part then pushes firmly over the boot - get it alligned properly otherwise the impulse hole in the other end of the boot won't line up with the handle.

I usually add a little HT grease on the join to bed it.

The circlip - only ever seen one machine with one fitted, all the rest worked fine and as you say, the IPL doesn't have it fitted.

Thanks Spud, guessed that's how it went not got it stripped down yet , waiting on the rear mount to turn up which is why I guess its worked its way out as its totally shot and noticed it during cleaning it up likewise the circlip issue. I have ordered a circlip but sounds like its not essential just saw there was the groove in the shaft so made me wander when I couldn't see one on the ipl. Also going to do crank seals as a matter of course but gone down the standard rather than the bakelite type seals originally fitted.

The circlip - only ever seen one machine with one fitted, all the rest worked fine and as you say, the IPL doesn't have it fitted.

It does not need a circlip, as the cover plate has a little hole in it that fits over the peg, preventing the lever from coming off.

A circlip may, I think, prevent the cover from fitting properly. Worth checking before fitting one.

5976661055c03_ms200sidecover002.jpg.8c64592c14ef887ac5c4a1208589b6d3.jpg

Couple of ms200t/020t questions guys not having worked on 1 before and don't seem to be able to find a workshop manual online...

Might or might not be of help:

200 T Owner's Manual

http://needmanual.com/stihl-ms-200t-chainsaw-owners-manual.html

201 T User's Manual

http://m.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/instructionmanuals/ms-201t-chain-saw-instruction-manual.pdf

It does not need a circlip, as the cover plate has a little hole in it that fits over the peg, preventing the lever from coming off.

A circlip may, I think, prevent the cover from fitting properly. Worth checking before fitting one.

[ATTACH]133871[/ATTACH]

Nice blue pencil Barrie:lol:

Ah never took any notice of that hole Barry or what it did. Under the cover was just choked solid with chip/dust/oil so was just being anal cleaning it and noticed no clip. Now you've pointed that out makes no sense to fit the circlip.

As for the seals just thought whilst the saw was clean. partly stripped and being 15 years old it would make sense for the sake of a few quid? Its a saw for my own use btw

Edited by wisecobandit

The makita cut off saw is now done.

A stihl hs45 in for the broken clutch. So need a new centre boss, not needing anything else just the centre. But because this cutter rotates the oposite to the others I.e hs80/85 its a different part number. Just the centre boss, the clutch outer and springs are the same. Typical stihls.

Ad some typical mower blades in etc etc etc.

Had an MS200T in, the idle screw made zero difference, the H&L screw made little difference and the saw ran like the choke was pretty much on.

The welch plug came out freely when I put a shot of carb cleaner down the L screw hole.

Have now used my home made punch to pop in a new plug and sealed it off.

Also had a 346XPG in that I had ported some time ago - the magnet on the back of the flywheel had disintegrated and deposited itself around the flwheel that had either jammed or the owner had replaced incorectly and had sheared the flywheel key.

I fitted a replacement flywheel and bingo - no heated handles but the saw runs again:thumbup:

Doing an old shredder today. Briggs and Stratton 5hp, a small garden one with the big gravity Shute for brash and cuttings and the smaller Shute for thicker branches for chipping.

Wouldn't run without fuel into inlet, then will burn that and stop. So carb off and clean, ,ain jet was like concrete, a 0.5mm drill bit, air line and some carefull patience soon cleared it. I didn't drill it by the way but used the bit on my hand to work it down. Blew the whole thing out.

Runs perfect now. And gave it some elder to try it out and it snatches it out of my hand. The chipping part also works great.

Its nice when bringing something back to life.

The air filter was the wrong one as when put on would starve the engine of air and make it slow right down. Looked at air filter and it was the wrong one.

The owner is going to sell it. Perfect for the average gardener or homeowner that cuts there own hedge.

I spent too much of today on an Ms201T.

Its nearly 2 years old and has until now been trouble free, far more reliable and consistant than the owners 200t's have ever been.

But now it is playing up. It will not reach full revs, and will not hold a constant tune. it is the first time i have done any work to a 201T so I was keen to get stuck in.

Had it been a 200T I would have had a known good carb on it in less than 5 minutes. This would have identified a carb fault or eliminated the carb, but in this case I do not have a good carb, so I re-kitted the original S188 carb and put it back on, but its still not right.

So i got carried away and stripped it right down to check the exhaust (OK) and pressure/vac test, which was all ok. Piston good, So built it up again and will have to US clean the carb in the morning.

I was impressed with the build quality compared with 200T. The plastic covers all fit well without twisting, the AV mounts are far superior and the inlet manifold is much better constructed, as is the impulse line. Much better condition after 2 years than any 200T I have ever seen.

I just hope the carb cleans up OK or it might be a new one. Stihl have superceded this carb 4 times.