What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I'm still lurking around the site and keeping a watchful eye on the posts. Ready to step in and flame anyone who talks rubbish, but no-one does:biggrin:

Seriously though, I have been very busy of late with an unusual amount of two strokes for the time of year, but mostly mundane stuff not worthy of a mention here.

And. as you know, I have no interest at all in this porting business which seems to dominate the thread at the moment, but watch this space.... I will be back:biggrin:

Sorry Barrie, must talk more about Villiers two strokes and Aspen, don't mean to shut you out:lol:

Glad you are busy - better than the other way:thumbup:

Not feeling shut out at all mate, just don't want to post for the sake of it, or to duplicate what some other techie has said.

I like to pass on useful tips, usually with pics, but lately most of my work has been run of the mill. Loads of carb rebuilds, fuel hose replacement, ignition modules etc as well as thousands of hedge cutter teeth sharpened.

My ears are ringing from the noise of the grinder at the end of every day, and my clothes are so full of grinding dust that they rust.:biggrin:

Not feeling shut out at all mate, just don't want to post for the sake of it, or to duplicate what some other techie has said.

I like to pass on useful tips, usually with pics, but lately most of my work has been run of the mill. Loads of carb rebuilds, fuel hose replacement, ignition modules etc as well as thousands of hedge cutter teeth sharpened.

My ears are ringing from the noise of the grinder at the end of every day, and my clothes are so full of grinding dust that they rust.:biggrin:

:lol::lol:

I know that feeling at the moment. Bit more mower blades but still a lot of hedge cutter blades getting turned over.

looking good ET.

On my bench along side a pool of tears is my 011. Just fitted your flywheel and fired it up - forgot the oil pump was off the other side - so after a lot of pulling it fired but started screaming i guess because the oil pump vents direct to crankcase. Was a bit slow to react - running for a screwdriver instead of shutting it down - end result my first diy scored piston and some horrible grinding sound from the big end bearings? anyway If it's not too horrendous when I open it up could well be my first piston change.

what fun.

Oh dear, be warned, when I pulled the cylinder on the 009 all the big end bearings fell out! Little cylindrical jobbies that don't appear to be held in by anything! I know the 009/010/011 & 012 are essentially the same saw but with different handles, pistons and cylinders

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Oh dear, be warned, when I pulled the cylinder on the 009 all the big end bearings fell out! Little cylindrical jobbies that don't appear to be held in by anything! I know the 009/010/011 & 012 are essentially the same saw but with different handles, pistons and cylinders

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ooooooohhhhhhh Yessssss,The 009 big end bearing, had mine do the same - lots of thick grease will sort it and make sure you get ALL the rollers in:thumbdown:

I think I stuffed something in to the crank opening to push the con rod over to stop them all falling out again when I did mine and removed it carefully on reassembly.

Just checked - there should be 12 rollers! Tweezers and thick grease:thumbup:

Had one of those on the bench today as well.

Was told it suddenly became hard to pull the starter.

Turned out he had taken the clutch cover off with the chainbrake on and then forced it back on trapping the brake band against the clutch, result, very hard to start, one knackered chainbrake handle and one knackered brake band.

Thats not the first time, you can usually push the side cover against the brake handle very firmly and take the brake off like that but removing the clutch makes it a lot easier as it will sit in the usual position.

Garden kit made a nice tool out of a scwrench - come on Barrie - time for a photo:thumbup:

Depends on how many you do! Your next issue will be refitting the big spring:blushing:

Ooooooohhhhhhh Yessssss,The 009 big end bearing, had mine do the same - lots of thick grease will sort it and make sure you get ALL the rollers in:thumbdown:

I think I stuffed something in to the crank opening to push the con rod over to stop them all falling out again when I did mine and removed it carefully on reassembly.

Just checked - there should be 12 rollers! Tweezers and thick grease:thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy_t View Post

CHEERS CHAPS - FOREWARNED

I like tinkering and my next door neighbour sometimes brings me little projects to play with. His brother in law has a Chinese strimmer that he uses on the allotment. It had stopped working so he took it to the garden repair shop who told him it was knackered and charged him £30 for having taken it apart. I put a new plug in it and pulled it over and it made a funny noise but there was a spark so I put a drop of petrol down the plug hole and it fired and ran but was making the clickety clack noise again. I took it apart and it was a combined barrel and head and all four bolts that held it together were loose so there was no crank case seal. I cleaned the Walbro carb out and put it back together and it fired first pull with some fresh fuel added and runs quite well.

Thats not the first time, you can usually push the side cover against the brake handle very firmly and take the brake off like that but removing the clutch makes it a lot easier as it will sit in the usual position.

Garden kit made a nice tool out of a scwrench - come on Barrie - time for a photo:thumbup:

Depends on how many you do! Your next issue will be refitting the big spring:blushing:

I found putting the spring in not to bad, wrapped some parcel tape around the complete cover to hold the spring in, tapped the cover onto the saw and reset it using the chainsaw brake, take off and refit cover that goes over the spring, job done, Took me less than 5 mins :001_smile:

I'm still lurking around the site and keeping a watchful eye on the posts. Ready to step in and flame anyone who talks rubbish, but no-one does:biggrin:

Seriously though, I have been very busy of late with an unusual amount of two strokes for the time of year, but mostly mundane stuff not worthy of a mention here.

And. as you know, I have no interest at all in this porting business which seems to dominate the thread at the moment, but watch this space.... I will be back:biggrin:

I got the spout for the ASPEN a couple of days ago, as i had to collect. 👍 Cheers Barrie