What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I think I had better add that is NOT my repair bill:001_rolleyes::lol:

Guess it is what Si paid for the kit!

Forgot to add - the unit has 155psi and the piston is clean so not a bad unit in all - exhaust port cleaned, filter box cleaned, fuel lines checked, throttle lubricated, exhaust checked and recoil lubricated - all fine now:thumbup:

No! The £470 was for the replacement Echo trimmers!

So there is life in the old girl yet!?! Good job as she runs the strimmer to do my lawn edges!

Using the 351 today. The saw is ok.... Would still swap for a good stihl tho...:lol:

It has one niggle. Once its fired up I put choke on. Then choke off, I touch the trigger and it does. Does this a couple of times and have to fettle the throttle until it fires up nicely. It runs perfect after.

But switch off and leave for a bit and I have the same problem.

So husky guru! What could it be? I haven't taken it apart yet to have a look.

I touch the trigger and it does.

QUOTE]

Does what Rich.....you mean cut wood....yes, it is a Husky, that is what they do:001_rolleyes::lol:

Right I'm going to try again...:lol:

Ok so startling from cold.

Choke out, pull, tries to fire, choke off, saw runs one third pull, pull trigger to come off half choke saw dies, if I fettle the throttle (think 200t) saw will run after a short while.

After this it will run perfect, cut well. Stop it quick and it will fire and tick over fine.

Stop for a few minutes and go to start again it won't tick over. Put choke on then off and the saw fires on half choke, but as soon as throttle trigger pulled it dies, have to fettle it again.

Hope that's more clear bud.

Right I'm going to try again...:lol:

Ok so startling from cold.

Choke out, pull, tries to fire, choke off, saw runs one third pull, pull trigger to come off half choke saw dies, if I fettle the throttle (think 200t) saw will run after a short while.

After this it will run perfect, cut well. Stop it quick and it will fire and tick over fine.

Stop for a few minutes and go to start again it won't tick over. Put choke on then off and the saw fires on half choke, but as soon as throttle trigger pulled it dies, have to fettle it again.

Hope that's more clear bud.

my monies on adjustment of the low screw

Do you know what carbs on it Rich? walbro 199 or not? They suffered accelerator pump issues and start off being tempermental a bit like you describe.

Huskys do seem to need more fine tuning for some reason (higher revving maybe) I had an old 61 if the L screw was more than 1/8 turn out you couldn't even start that sucker.

Yup, agree, too lean on the L screw, turn it out 1/8th turn and re-adjust the idle.

Huskys bog when stone cold but soon warm and rev fine - yours sounds overly lean to me Rich.

Cool will check that tomoz and give it a turn.

Thought I would ask before I go stripping it down. To be honest I havnt even looked at the plug.

I don't know why but I havnt checked this saw over. Just started using it. For a person who fixes machines and preaches about checking plug colours and filters etc i havnt done it to my own saw.......:lol:

Cool will check that tomoz and give it a turn.

Thought I would ask before I go stripping it down. To be honest I havnt even looked at the plug.

I don't know why but I havnt checked this saw over. Just started using it. For a person who fixes machines and preaches about checking plug colours and filters etc i havnt done it to my own saw.......:lol:

If it isn't that Rich, it may be a an inlet manifold issue, they can crack around the impulse connector or give issues on the manifold clip but TBH, if you don't need it and are going to send it up here, leave it till then, I take time to get the things sealed 100% and then tune the carb correctly so you don't get these issues.

My 346 & 357 both will not pick up when stone cold and need 3-4 pulls on the throttle before they hit high revs - they all do it unless they are set too rich on the L screw. They don't do it once slightly warm!