What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Ok spud. Will have a search for one.

And the next part is the two hedge cutters. These are really simple :lol:

The first is a mcrapock. Pull the starter and its jumping. So not pulling the engine but making a really nice grinding sound. Tightened the top cover down and its fine.. So a sharpen and clean.

Next up is one with no name. The owner is a friend, he is not stupid and usually manages to fix his own tools, only calls me when he is really stuck.

Well the pull cord snapped on him, so he decided to pull the assembly off to change it and pulled the plastic bit out without thinking and the spring exploded out. :001_rolleyes: (his wife recently passed away so will let him have this one)

So a question, is there a neat trick to getting these damn :cursing: stupid :cursing: silly :cursing: springs back in. I tried for about half hour and relised it was time to go home.

Put on safety glasses:thumbup: put the outside part of the spring in to the plastic housing and keep working the spring in whilst rotating the plastic housing round and maintaining pressure with your thumbs on both sides of the spring - you need big hands and four of them but take it easy until the last part goes in - I'm not koking about the glasses either - get the end of one of these springs in your eye and you will know about it:thumbdown:

Ok last one I promise.

Two mowers. Not really what I go for but they came in with the other stuff.

A Flymo that is not driving. Havnt looked at either of these, with the drive gears on the wheels that's where I'm going to start.

The other is a mount field, was brought at an auction, just wants to know if it will run and if its worth fixing. So going to slap some fuel in it and see what happens. Owner paid five quid for it. So no loss if it just needs a clean up.

Ok so a recap.

Husqvarna 266 needs a new chain break assembly.

Makita dcs400 needs new brake band.

Stihl combi, all sorted no oil in tank.

Hedgecutters, need to get the damn recoil spring back in one. Other one sorted.

And the last two lawn mowers.

image.jpg.f11d585d9a529e1d561c05b04a397095.jpg

Less busy on my bench than Rich but good headway made on a 371XP I picked up - the cylinder had a lot of aluminium transfer on it and it cleaned up really well - a couple of hours work on and off but just tried the Meteor piston in the cleaned bore and it is a nice snug fit - should be a good saw once done and you have guessed - will be up for sale when done:001_rolleyes::thumbup:

After.jpg.cfea8700819f19d2a35edb7fcfa4cbfc.jpg

Before.jpg.c18310b585b484736a35878c4a110b61.jpg

Is there a little black sponge behind the air filter. On the black part covering the air intake behind air filter?

Next up on my list.

A husky. It says on the side 266 and under that its either 56 or 5g hard to make out. The engine runs fine no problems there. But....

The chain break wasn't working, on taking it apart its just not there. No band nothing. So a question. Are these available? Also may need a break lever as this on has snapped, could weld it up.

If this part isn't available has anyone got a replacement. Obviously under some payment for it.

think that is the same model husky i have in the shed in bits mate if you still wanted parts sure the brake band is there ?

also does yours have heated handles if so then im sure its exactly the same as mine

Is there a little black sponge behind the air filter. On the black part covering the air intake behind air filter?

Next up on my list.

A husky. It says on the side 266 and under that its either 56 or 5g hard to make out. The engine runs fine no problems there. But....

The chain break wasn't working, on taking it apart its just not there. No band nothing. So a question. Are these available? Also may need a break lever as this on has snapped, could weld it up.

If this part isn't available has anyone got a replacement. Obviously under some payment for it.

think that is the same model husky i have in the shed in bits mate if you still wanted parts sure the brake band is there ?

also does yours have heated handles if so then im sure its exactly the same as mine

Thanks. I'm not sure on the heated handles as I havnt looked that far.. It was just a check over as the saw was just dumped on me with an order of, see if its worth fixing for me. Most saws come in with an order along those lines from customers.

Will have a look tommorow and see of its heated.

Yes I'm still looking for the cover and assembly. Pm me if you can. :thumbup: