What's on your bench today?

spudulike

That better not be the one I serviced a while ago:blushing:

Snapped brake band likely to be the usual suspect - if you are stuffed - run it in and will fix FOC apart from the part:thumbup:

Oh...FOC=Free of Charge:thumbup1:

Yeah that one, I hardly used it :001_tt2:

Na, very kind but its ok I'm sure it's within my abilities just thought I'd ask as you know it.

Dare I ask the question- where to get parts now :/

:) C

Thanks

Yes I am :001_smile: that was what I assumed until I remember spud saying something about bending something back on my saw? Like the end of a spring or something.

Nah....the inner plastic cover always comes out of that thin plastic band on the top of the side cover - I heat the cover up and bend it back in to shape so the brake handle fits snugly in between the inner plastic cover and the actual main cover - I hate it when the brake handle is flopping about from side to side:thumbdown:

The inner parts are just checked, cleaned, inspected and put back. When you refit it, make sure the band isn't rubbing on the clutch sprocket.

It is unusual for them to wear through - assuming it has!

The offer still stands!

Nah....the inner plastic cover always comes out of that thin plastic band on the top of the side cover - I heat the cover up and bend it back in to shape so the brake handle fits snugly in between the inner plastic cover and the actual main cover - I hate it when the brake handle is flopping about from side to side:thumbdown:

The inner parts are just checked, cleaned, inspected and put back. When you refit it, make sure the band isn't rubbing on the clutch sprocket.

It is unusual for them to wear through - assuming it has!

The offer still stands!

Ah ok, I remember you saying about heating it now.

Ill take it apart see what's broke :)

Yeah that one, I hardly used it :001_tt2:

Na, very kind but its ok I'm sure it's within my abilities just thought I'd ask as you know it.

Dare I ask the question- where to get parts now :/

:) C

I am told that I have an account set up and because of this, the people I use will continue to supply me:confused1: They have so far:thumbup:

Cost is around £8 - £10

Part is 1123 160 5400 and is the same part for the MS170/180/230 etc.....

Brake Band for Stihl MS170 MS180 MS192T MS200T MS210 MS230 MS250 | Stihl MS170/017 Chainsaw Spares

Let me know if you get stuck!

Chatted with husky h.q. They are planning on improving the online sales soon, so your husky parts should be easier to obtain spud :) quite a different attitude to the Germans...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Chatted with husky h.q. They are planning on improving the online sales soon, so your husky parts should be easier to obtain spud :) quite a different attitude to the Germans...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well thats good news, always found the Nordics very pleasant and decent folks - looks like they are picking up on the general negative comments about the Stihl policy and doing the opposite - exactly what I would have done:thumbup:

Cheers GTR been busy last few days will have a look and post pics if need be, was a good day as my stihl 028 snapped the top av mount so left me with no working saws at mo :001_rolleyes:

Right sorted the Husky, was the pipe from the side of the cylinder head to the crankcase had perished, and the "grease" turned out to be a mix of fine sawdust and chain oil from my brother borrowin git to cut out some old floor joists :sneaky2: Got the av mount for the stihl now as well but struggling to reconnect the pipe from the carb to the cylinder head due to the limited room is there a trick to it or is it just perseverance?

Right sorted the Husky, was the pipe from the side of the cylinder head to the crankcase had perished, and the "grease" turned out to be a mix of fine sawdust and chain oil from my brother borrowin git to cut out some old floor joists :sneaky2: Got the av mount for the stihl now as well but struggling to reconnect the pipe from the carb to the cylinder head due to the limited room is there a trick to it or is it just perseverance?

Persevere, swear, throw the pliers, have a fag (if you smoke) and a tea. Go back and try again. If that fails swear some more, give up and try again tomoz. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They are a real pita, think I have the knack to them now, but still struggle.

Well thats good news, always found the Nordics very pleasant and decent folks - looks like they are picking up on the general negative comments about the Stihl policy and doing the opposite - exactly what I would have done:thumbup:

and they may join this site apparently, the woman i was chatting to seemed very helpful