What's on your bench today?

spudulike

First of all you guys are stars :thumbup: I have never done one before but we now use another dealer who has done one for me on my 064 so i will be taking a trip there on Saturday haha but im really happy to know its not going to need a new pot :thumbup:

thanks again

Tim

One word of advice - cut a nice clean thread otherwise the plug will be flying out again! I usually use Loctite 270 which is a high strength high temperature thread lock - just don't put the plug in until it has had 24 hrs to go off and would put grease around the plug to stop it locking in.

Other than that, I have had success with steel inserts - they are very strong and work well!:thumbup:

Coming soon to my bench.

A Yamaha 100hp outboard. Ok so not actually going on my bench but staying on the boat. The owner took the boat out the other week and it stalled out and wouldn't restart. He manages to start it now but it runs for five mins and cuts out again.

Looking at that one at the weekend.

One word of advice - cut a nice clean thread otherwise the plug will be flying out again! I usually use Loctite 270 which is a high strength high temperature thread lock - just don't put the plug in until it has had 24 hrs to go off and would put grease around the plug to stop it locking in.

Other than that, I have had success with steel inserts - they are very strong and work well!:thumbup:

Its not very often I disagree with you Steve, but I really do not see the need for loctite on a helicoil. They are designed to be installed dry, and will provide a new thread far stronger than the original.

Coming soon to my bench.

A Yamaha 100hp outboard. Ok so not actually going on my bench but staying on the boat. The owner took the boat out the other week and it stalled out and wouldn't restart. He manages to start it now but it runs for five mins and cuts out again.

Looking at that one at the weekend.

Probably another stale petrol issue, very common in outboards. I had one similar which was due to the rubber tip of the float valve swelling up which lowered the level in the float chamber.

Its not very often I disagree with you Steve, but I really do not see the need for loctite on a helicoil. They are designed to be installed dry, and will provide a new thread far stronger than the original.

Oh thats it Barrie, I have had enough....toys out of the pram:001_tt2::001_tt2:

Each one to his own, I have had some experience of them pulling out and would agree on a thread that has a bolt permanently in it doesn't need any additional fixing but I get a bit anal about strength of repair so if the thread is going to have a bolt in and out of it regularly, I like the addition of a high strength Loctite threadlock to fill any minor cavities between the helicoil and the substrate it is screwed in to.

Just my personal opinion and is up to each tech to do what they are happy with.

Still mates Barrie:thumbup:

anyone got a service manual for this ts350 super?

Theres no real way of dating these saws afaik.

Most of them have a trigger under the flywheel for the coil. These are prone to break down and again as far as im aware are no longer available.

However all is not lost as a cheap way of repairing and more reliable is to get hold of a nova ignition module and use that at a cost of around £15 and you don't even need to remove the flywheel to remove the trigger. Just snip the wires at the coil and wire/fit the nova.

You will prob see 2 black wires which come thru the casing up to the coil which are the trigger units wires so snip them there..