What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I have a throttle spring on order from Jonsie to fix my husky 281XP. Is there an easy way to do this or is it one of these strip down half the saw to get this located properly? I have checked the maintenance manual and it looks pretty straightforward but I know it probably wont be!

I have a throttle spring on order from Jonsie to fix my husky 281XP. Is there an easy way to do this or is it one of these strip down half the saw to get this located properly? I have checked the maintenance manual and it looks pretty straightforward but I know it probably wont be!

Not done one of these but is usually a case of driving out the pivot pin, removing the throttle, fitting the new spring and then refitting.

Can't be that hard:001_rolleyes::lol:

Not done one of these but is usually a case of driving out the pivot pin, removing the throttle, fitting the new spring and then refitting.

Can't be that hard:001_rolleyes::lol:

Yeah, try doing one on an 076. Involves dismantling half the saw and sacrificing the back handle cover in the process!

Alec

Well the ported 346Xp runs up and cuts super fast now:thumbup: The HS81 trimmer now runs and cuts fine - carb clean and some work on nthe cutters sorted it!

Shock, horror - MS200T craps on Spuds work bench:lol: see first pic!

Cracked in to the first MS200T, the carb responded to a retune so gave it a good clean in the US cleaner, found the earth strap on the handle was broken so repaired it, good clean up, replaced one of the crank seals, chain catcher and clutch springs.

The owner wanted it tuned so did a muffler mod, ported the cylinder and lowered the squish.

Fired up and runs well now:thumbup:

DSCF0521.jpg.d3be7fecfa6ec9f9c22751d3a3d747da.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg.25d7b854101bff43cf03c78455efb7c2.jpg

DSCF0510.jpg.eb5673b3db6d4ae5642b412c7aa67f06.jpg

Spent half my day searching on the net for a rear handle/tank for a stihl 044 but its looking like its gonna have to be a new one....

Only think ive done on the bench today is strip and clean a stihl ts400 cut off saw and get it back together and retune....

Have you tried dropping traktorist2222 on ebay a message? He keeps a good stock of used spares. He's German, but his English is excellent and he is happy to ship to the UK at a decent price. I know he stripped down an 044 recently as I had the pot and piston.

Alec

Have you tried dropping traktorist2222 on ebay a message? He keeps a good stock of used spares. He's German, but his English is excellent and he is happy to ship to the UK at a decent price. I know he stripped down an 044 recently as I had the pot and piston.

Alec

Thanks for the advice altho I cant seem to find him on ebay? Have you an old link or something I could try?