What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hi All, I've got a rattle inside the exhaust muffler on my 550xp.

Pretty certain its a baffle that has broken loose- don't understand why though.

Anyway, is it OK to keep cutting with? And can anyone on here source me a replacement?

Otherwise I'l donder down to my local dealership 20 miles away and order a new one.

Unlikely the baffle has come loose but more likely the support on the outlet tube. I would take it off and see if you can work it out.

It is unlikely to work its way in to the exhaust port from the design of the muffler but anything is possible.

Unlikely the baffle has come loose but more likely the support on the outlet tube. I would take it off and see if you can work it out.

It is unlikely to work its way in to the exhaust port from the design of the muffler but anything is possible.

Thanks, I've had it off the saw, and the spark arrestor off it.

Nothing obvious from either end, cant feel anything loose with my little finger!

I guessed unlikely to cause damage but dont think I'l risk it any longer than necessary.

Having some issues with our 150t. If run held on its side, clutch down, then after a while it will begin to labour and eventually cut out. Fuel is finding it's way to the air filter and soaking it. Dry it out and saw is fine for a while. Not too sure what my next step is. If I run it with the filter off on its side then I can see fuel leaking back through the air intake.

Having some issues with our 150t. If run held on its side, clutch down, then after a while it will begin to labour and eventually cut out. Fuel is finding it's way to the air filter and soaking it. Dry it out and saw is fine for a while. Not too sure what my next step is. If I run it with the filter off on its side then I can see fuel leaking back through the air intake.

Sounds like it is either running too rich and not burning the fuel or the needle valve is leaking/metering arm too high causing too much fuel being delivered to the saw.

Strip the carb, check it out, pressure check it and try again.

Hi All, I've got a rattle inside the exhaust muffler on my 550xp.

Pretty certain its a baffle that has broken loose- don't understand why though.

Anyway, is it OK to keep cutting with? And can anyone on here source me a replacement?

Otherwise I'l donder down to my local dealership 20 miles away and order a new one.

f508fed59221087c9ad7f29a7ed8483f.jpg

This is what you need sold as "muffler kit" contains everything in the picture.

If you want one drop me a P/M and I can order one up for you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got my 200T on the bench, I've just changed the oil seals on it and I have to fill some of the plastic screw holes where the pull starter fixes to the main body, they are a little stripped and not holding that well.

I've also got a husky 450 that won't start, plenty of fuel and a good spark but a no go on the running side of things,

Tho only problem is that this husky's a PITA fiddly in the carb area, worse than working on a 200T handle carb connection rods

• 2 weeks later...

Back from a week away and got a HS81 in that is like a boomerang to me, bogging and farting away but not revving out, like an old friend:001_rolleyes:

346XP in for porting, just done the owners MS200, MS201(rear handle) and 372XP.....it is infectious :thumbup:

Also got a raft of MS200Ts on their way and a 262XP plus a Dolly 6100 for porting.....business is tough:sneaky2::lol: